• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Yeah, it's going to be bad for a lot of folks, especially with the forecast being what it is...

M

Mr_Yan

I feel for you guys with the flooding. Last year we had something like 13 inches in 4 days. 9 of the inches were in a matter of 8 hours. There was a swift water rescue in the parking lot between a McDonald's and grocery store about a half mile from my house.

M

Mr_Yan

We've gotten about 1/2 an inch in the last 30 minutes. Just noticed the gutters were over flowing. Put on my Tilley and Marmot jacket and climbed an extension ladder to clean the gutters. In moderate to heavy rain and 55 degrees F cleaning the gutters is such a fun job. Each only required removal of a handful of maple flowers that were clogging the downspout cups.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Still waiting for it to rain...

I figured today I'd make my 2nd attempt at making the eclair shells. I did much better, although I still have to figure out/make something to help form them more uniformly. I took halk of the to my neighbors for taste testing. I'm getting there...

Last edited:
M

Mr_Yan

@w_r_ranch Eclair shells - puff pastry dough then baked? Butter and water, bring to a boil then add flour and remove from pan, then work in an egg or two? I failed at that a few times even watching youtube vids on how to do it.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Cold front blew through about 1800 hrs yesterday, dropping another 1.06" of rain. The temperature has been dropping since I woke up & is down to 58 degrees now... very weird spring here.

Hard-boiled a dozen eggs for breakfast the next few days. I love them with some 'Holy Jalapeno Sauce' on them!!!

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread, both Italian & a small loaf of garlic (for tonight's supper).

Made a pot of pinto beans.

Seasoned up a thick sirloin that I'll smoke for supper tonight. I hope it's not raining to bad, but we need some 'real' food after the last week... It's was raining (0.39") but the radar is currently 'clear'...

Last edited:
M

Mr_Yan

Made it up to 50. Cloudy but dry all day.

Played LEGO, went to church, and made / glazed one window for my garage.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Set the 2"X6" velcro strips that secure the cushions to the porch wicker sectional with 'Lexel'. After 7 days of curing, it's safe to say that velcro will never come off, LOL!!! We hate chasing cushions during high winds.

Sanded the bird feeder station & sprayed 3 coats of brown 'Flex Seal' on it hoping to prevent the acidic bird poo from corroding it. Cleaned & refilled the feeders before rehanging them. Also put out another seed block.

Last edited:

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
mowed & doctored ant mounds run the weed eater picked squash picked 1 cup of strawberries very humid waiting for the garden to get dry enough to dig the rest of potatoes .. ( hope they don't rot)