• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

M

Mr_Yan

Yesterday I ran up and down the stairs 75+ times. Today I'm sore...

Yesterday I:
  • stained 80 linear feet of oak shoe molding
  • Installed a new overhead light (integrated LED) to replace a dead florescent fixture
  • Installed a few new junction box covers
  • Did the finish construction on a closet drawer unit and shelving
x

The closet before and after.
I call it 95% done as it still needs nail-fill, caulk, and paint.

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
I also planted marigolds watered whole garden have to replant 1 yellow squash . 2 tomatoes due to wind burn pulled the finish mower from under the tractor pressure wash the under side let dry an sprayed . sharpened the blades greased all points on the mower weeded around the mail box

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
ordered new blades for zero turn mower as well as a canopy. sprayed the foundation of the house an barn an pump house fertilized 2 year old live oaks with 20-20-20- winding up with a cold long neck in my hand life is pretty good I am blessed

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Took Dieter to the vet for his yearly checkup & shots. The big boy weighs 92.5 pounds now.

Replaced the filter in the well house & filled up the salt for the water softener.

Fed the cattle.

Moved the mother-in-law tongues & the spider plants from the greenhouse to the back porch.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Went to pay the quarterly taxes & pickup another license sticker for one of the trailers.

Bought a Husqvarna blower to make it easier to clean the porches & flowerbeds.

Still didn't do the last row in the garden... started mulching instead.

Seasoned up & smoked 2 pork steaks for supper tonight. Also smoked chicken thighs for Dieter's snacks. Then made soybean succotash & Mrs. Ranch made twice baked potatoes.

Watered the the stuff remaining in the greenhouse (2X), the garden & the asparagus bed.

Last edited:
M

Mr_Yan

In the last two days:
  • Worked two full days at my W2 job
  • Met with two seller's agents to figure out who to list the house with
  • Met with one buyer's agent and lined up another meeting
  • Waxed the stained shoe moldings
  • Removed a dropped ceiling from the basement
  • Removed more junk (possibly useful crap I kept) from the basement
  • Ordered new wall sconces for the living room
  • Repaired one broken door and replaced a vintage / antique lockset and knob on the door - previous owners kicked doors down
  • Added about 5 more lines to my to-do list before listing the house for sale
I have determined I will not be sleeping for the next 5 to 7 days.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Finished the last row by planted the final tomatoes & basil, then continued mulching. I hope to plant the soybeans tomorrow & then the main garden will be done (the melons will go in April 15th).

Last edited:
K

ksk

Went to pay the quarterly taxes & pickup another license sticker for one of the trailers.

Bought a Husqvarna blower to make it easier to clean the porches & flowerbeds.

Still didn't do the last row in the garden... started mulching instead.

Seasoned up & smoked 2 pork steaks for supper tonight. Also smoked chicken thighs for Dieter's snacks. Then made soybean succotash & Mrs. Ranch made twice baked potatoes.

Watered the the stuff remaining in the greenhouse (2X), the garden & the asparagus bed.
I need to replace my old Troy Built riding lawnmower and have looked at the Husqvarnas. Any opinion about them ?

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Did the weekly shopping.

Made 2 buttermilk pies, one for us & one for our neighbor (it's his birthday).

Buttermilk_Pies_032919.jpg

I was all set to plant the soybeans when the 'Sweetheart' Caladium bulbs were delivered, so they had priority per Mrs. Ranch. I planted 5 of them in the pots on the back porch, then fertilized & mulched them. The remainder will be planted in the back flowerbed tomorrow.

sweetheart_caladiums.jpg

Watered the garden, asparagus, crape myrtles, all the porch pots & hanging baskets.

Last edited:

RLwhaler

Planting Zone
8b
Did the weekly shopping.

Made 2 buttermilk pies, one for us & one for our neighbor (it's his birthday).

I was all set to plant the soybeans when the 'Sweetheart' Caladium bulbs were delivered, so they had priority per Mrs. Ranch. I planted 5 of them in the pots on the back porch, then fertilized & mulched them. The remainder will be planted in the back flowerbed tomorrow.

sweetheart_caladiums.jpg

Watered the garden, asparagus, crape myrtles, all the porch pots & hanging baskets.

I have got to learn how to make our own pie crust,Ranch !

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
pulled dirt up around the potatoes watered everything growing good have lots of blooms put up another martin house had 2 pair sitting on it just a jabbering they beat the sparrows to it (so far ) going with MRS L. to Brookwood to look for bougainvillea an Hibiscus plants weatherman predicted (grin) wind next 2 days some rain

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Made pizza dough & sauce for tonight's supper.

Got 3 of the 4 rows of soybeans planted before being interrupted by the rain. I was hoping to finish after it passed but the cold front blew in a day early (went from the 75 to 57 in minutes)... Needless to say, I'm done for the day.

Garden_033019.jpg

Last edited: