8b
Got another 0.44" of rain last night.

Cleaned the windows (on the outsides).

Last edited:
  • Up Vote
Reactions: ksk
K

ksk

Onions,lettuce,and mustard greens looking good,as they all survived the snow.Mustard are really growing,I'm cutting them every five days.Wife and I made more blue berry/banana bread tonight.Tomorrow we will attempt strawberry/banana bread.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Did the weekly shopping.

Installed 2 eye-bolts with butterfly nuts in the steel frame of the party barn to secure the trash can (to keep it from blowing out into the yard). I've been meaning to do this for years...

M

Mr_Yan

Happy shortest length of daylight for the year.

Err happy winter solstice.

32 F here and expecting to get wet then freeze tonight. If the forecasters can be believed.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
It's Dieter's birthday today!!! He's prancing around the house with his new Nylabone toy, proud as can be, LOL. It's hard to believe he's a year old already, from 10.25 lbs the day we bought him home to 90 lbs now.

Put out 3 more rolls of hay ahead of the incoming cold & rain.

Made another pot of pinto beans & a batch of stuff jalapenos for supper.

Washed the Gator.

Well the front just came through... the temperature went from 79 to 56 degrees in 10 minutes & it's starting to rain. Closed up the greenhouse & turned on both the heater & the fan (forecast has a low of 39 tonight).

Last edited:
M

Mr_Yan

Day off for me - the start of Christmas shutdown at work. Kid's last day of school before break.

Grocery shopping in the morning. Also went to the local yarn store - got yarn to make a new winter hat for the 5 year old.

Found a new recipe for a roasted chicken, sausage, and veg that I want to try soon:
Food Wishes: Roasted Chicken, Sausage, Peppers & Potatoes

• Up Vote

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Kind of cold here today, although the north wind makes it feel even colder than 44 degrees...

Made bread. Also made 2 batches of buttermilk biscuit dough, which we froze after forming them (we'll bake them at a later date).

Waxed the Gator & put all the stuff back in it, so it's ready to go back to work.

Last edited:
  • Up Vote
M

Mr_Yan

Finally got off my butt and made an imgr account and uploaded some photos:

This guy has been living in my camera since July

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Taking it a little easy myself today. Started on a "MAGA" branding iron similar to the one I just built. Going to take some pictures of it so that maybe I can sell a few, and then I'm going to mail it to Donald J Trump, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Y'all think it will make it to him, lol?

M

Mr_Yan

My 2 year old face planted on the way out of Sunday school today. She had her hands in her pockets when walking down the hall so there was so way to break her fall when she tripped over her sister. We walked out of church with a screaming 2 year old with a very bloody lip.

Got about an inch of snow between 6 a.m. and noon.

Made bread, ginger snaps (with chopped candied ginger in them) and have chicken, sausage, potatoes, and peppers roasting in the oven for dinner.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Seasoned up 4 strip steaks with just S&P. We'll grill these later for supper.

I harvested a couple of small heads of broccoli & some green onions so that Mrs. Ranch can make our traditional Christmas salad. She is also making 'twice baked' potatoes as the other side dish.

M

Mr_Yan

Started with pandamonium around the tree this morning.

Pot roast and bread in the oven right now.

Tried to take the dog for a walk but it was too cold and his paws were giving him trouble (too cold) after only about 5 blocks. We maxed out around 10 F today and it is windy out.

M

Mr_Yan

sun has been up for about 90 minutes. We've warmed up to 4 below zero F but I don't know how cold it was before the sun came up.

Kids slept in to 7 today - an almost unheard of occurrence. I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee knitting a ski cap (almost done).

glenbo

Planting Zone
43 degrees, windy with light showers here today. We have some japanese eggplant to pick for dinner, they're still doing great. Way too many Meyer lemons for us to use and don't know what to do with them.

M

Mr_Yan

-10 F when I woke up at 6 a.m. up to 4 F now. Not a cloud in the sky.

Off to Home Depot to return a dead LED bulb and get a project for my 5 year old.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Yep, 40 degrees here & drizzly (0.25" thus far). Cabin fever is starting to set in...

Started the end of the year financial review.

Started modifying the new leg-hold traps.