• Join Home Gardening Forum

Vegetables seeds, where to buy?

whistech

Planting Zone
9a
I have bought seeds from just about everywhere. I like Wilhite Seed, Bakers Creek, Southern Exposure, Seed Savers Exchange, and several others. The main thing I look for are varities that are recommended by Texas A&M for my area. I think I have enough seed to not have to buy any this fall or winter, but when the new catalogs come out, I always find a few that catch my eye.

P

Phins Fan

I typically go from Walmart, Home Depot, and Ocean state joblot to get all of mine

R

Royiah

I get mine from Territorial Seed Company. Their germination rate is really good and they have lots of cool varieties. :)

M

Mr_Yan

Easy stuff like tomatoes, peppers, beans, and peas I save seeds from what I've liked. And I trade what I can.

My planned purchases are from Johnnys in Maine but may try the localish guy (Jungseeds - local out of Madison WI) next spring. Impulse seed buys happen when I see something.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
Other than locally such as Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart (I try to avoid), I've found online places like SeedsNow.com, ParkSeed.com, and Burpee.com are all great places to get seeds.

M

Mr_Yan

When I posted last night I forgot about this place. Even though I live in a city of 150,000+ not counting the "suburbs" we have a feed store in the middle of the city - not exactly a nice area either. They have a small selection of varieties (except for the 50 types of beans) but the prices are great.

finkikin

Planting Zone
8B
Home Depot most of the time. I could spend all day there but the wife won't let me.:cool: