• Join Home Gardening Forum

Sluice hammocks

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
A hammock is something I've been wanting to get for a while now and just never got around to doing it. I looked a little bit at Home Depot and Lowes but never really found one I liked or wasn't an arm and a leg. Wasn't even searching for one today but somehow or another came across a company called Sluice Hammocks that looked nice.

Looking around their website, www.sluicegear.com, I found it's designed to be portable which is great since I could easily take it from the back yard to one of the many parks we have around here in Kentucky with minimal effort. The hammocks come with a 2 year warranty and best of all they are Made in the USA!

Here is a picture of one of their color options:

Just curious if anyone has heard of them before or tried one of their hammocks before I pulled the trigger and bought one myself?

E

ErnieCopp

Mike,
It has been a long time since i slept in a soft one like that, but i remember it was very warm, as it fits tight as you can see.
I will try to find a picture of one i had on the farm, made from small rope netting and it had spreader boards across each end. It was cool and comfortable, and not very expensive as i recall.

If i can find a picture, i will send in another post.

Ernie

E

ErnieCopp

Mike,
I could not find the picture of me sleeping in mine on a warm summer afternoon. It was slung from a big willow tree, and was a nice cool place to take a nap.
But they have one very similar, on Amazon, for 21 dollars plus shipping. Search for "SINGLE COTTON ROPE HAMMOCK" and you will find it.

They also had a DOUBLE, which i do not think would be very comfortable for either person.

Ernie

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
In the Houston heat, I don't want anything that touches me - not even clothes. Down here, everybody has the wider ones that hold their shape and tightness. It only touches your backside.