• Join Home Gardening Forum

Bread Makers?

Lost in mn

Planting Zone
All of the photos of food W_R puts up make me hungry every time I come here. And as I was sitting here drooling waiting for a fresh loaf of bread to finish, I was curious if any of you have a bread maker? What kind do you have? Do you have any good recipes?

To me there is nothing better than the smell of Hot fresh Bread. I love the fact that you can set these bread makers up the night before and wake up to a nice hot loaf of bread.

I make some from scratch but I like the Krusteaz brand bread mixes. The cinnamon swirl is really good!

Yum!

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Thanks for the compliment, I do like to cook!

I bought a Zojirushi BBCCX20 Home Bakery Supreme Bread Machine back when we were both still working because I didn't have the time to bake. It makes fine tasting bread however the drawback to every 'bread making machine' is that they can not brown the top of the loaves (crust development). It has been use twice & is in perfect condition. If you want it, PM me & you can pick it up the next time you come down to hunt.

Lost in mn

Planting Zone
Mine is just an old Panasonic but it's a standing loaf. It's worked flawlessly for about 10 years now. It has a coil in the lid for browning the top of the loaf. You don't get the standard looking bread loaf but it makes a nice chewy crust on most of it. I like to make the cinnamon bread then use it to make french toast.

I would love to come down to Texas and get some free bacon! Pork is damn expensive up here and we don't have them running around all over like you guys do. Bacon was $9lb here about 3 weeks ago.

M

Mr_Yan

I had a bread maker but found that I was making bread weekly but not using the maker so we gave the thing away and reclaimed some storage space. Mine was also the standing loaf and I was not a fan of the crust it made.

I now use a Kitchen Aid mixer and a loaf pan in my standard oven.

The single best thing I did was convert my recipe to measure by weight. Now I just pour each ingredient into the mixer bowl on a digital scale and don't have to bother with measuring cups.

T

Treeca86

I love to cook anything and everything, within the realms of normal. Haha.
My family loves when I make my fried chicken (which I'm doing tonight with homemade macaroni and cheese, and sauteed squash), lasagna, sausage gravy biscuits (all from scratch).
I especially love to bake. Bread, cake, pies, tarts, brownies, blondies, etc. A hit in my house in rainbow sweet bread made and baked the same as sandwich bread, jalapeno-cheddar bread, chocolate chip blondies, and a simple chocolate cake recipe I created.
Noone is perfectly slim in my house. Haha.