Planting Zone
8b
4 Cups of flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 Cup melted butter
2 Tablespoons instant dried yeast
2 Teaspoons salt
1 3/4 Cup warm milk

Add yeast to warm milk and let sit 1 minute; stir and add melted shortening.

Have dry ingredients ready and add to milk. Slowly mix on medium speed until the dough no longer sticks to the side of the bowl.

Place dough in a well-greased bowl and let rise until doubled in bulk. Stir down and form into rolls (note that dough is sticky) and let them rise again. Bake at 425degrees until brown and brush with butter while hot. Enjoy!!!

Yeast_Rolls_1.jpg

Yeast_Rolls_2.jpg

Yeast_Rolls_3.jpg

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
WOW! Those look like the rolls Fuddrucker's uses for their burgers. I'll have to try this:) Your wife seems to have some fabulous recipes. You're a lucky man.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
While Mrs Ranch has many talents, she doesn't do the baking... she leaves that to me since I worked in a bakery to pay my way through college.

Last edited:

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
I will definitely be trying your bread recipes, due to your professional background in a bakery:) No wonder they look so fabulous!

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
I'm going to try to make these rolls for our Easter Family Dinner. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
Okay, I made your yeast rolls for Easter dinner and they were a total hit AND so easy to make! The rolls were very light, almost like a croissant, but not flaky. I didn't take a picture because it was the last thing out of the oven and people were already in line to fill their plates. The rolls were gone too fast, even though your recipe made a double batch. I LOVED the way the rolls made the house smell like yeast or fresh bread. Thanks for a GREAT recipe!