• Join Home Gardening Forum

WRR's Stuffed Jalapenos Peppers

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Been waiting for the peppers to get big so I could do these... Picked a few little ones too, as Mrs Ranch is making fresh 'Pico de Gallo' for tonight... Mmm, mmm, mmm!!!

12 Large jalapenos
8 oz. Cream cheese
1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
20 Strips of bacon
1/2 Cup Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
Toothpicks

Wash the jalapenos & the cut the caps off. Using an apple corer, remove the seeds & inner membrane (save the seeds, as you will be using them).

Japs_1.jpg

Next put 8 ounces of cream cheese in a small mixing bowl & allow it to soften.

We need to crisp up 2 strips of bacon. I do this by wrapping them in a few paper towels & cooking them in the microwave oven till they are crispy. When they are cool enough to handle, crumple them up into the cream cheese.

Now add the taco seasoning, the cheddar cheese and the jalapeno seeds into the bowl with the bacon/cream cheese mixture & combine thoroughly.

Jap_2.jpg

Fill the jalapeno as full as possible with the cream cheese mixture.

Japs_3.jpg

Cut 6 of the bacon strips in half and drape them over the tops of the jalapenos (to act as a ‘cap’ to help keep the cheese mixture from coming out during the cooking process). Wrap a full strip of bacon around each jalapeno as snugly as possible & secure with toothpicks.

Jap_4.jpg

Smoke or grill them standing up over a medium heat until the bacon is browned to your liking.

Japs_5.jpg

Serve with either blue cheese or ranch dressing on the side to use as a dip, if desired. Enjoy!!!

S

Slowngreen

My sister makes some almost identicle to these, they truly are tasty. mouth watering from several states away.

finkikin

Planting Zone
8B
Sam, I make mine almost the same exact way! What flavor bacon do you use? I use maple bacon on mine. I also throw in some onion pieces.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
I use Blue Ribbon Premium Hickory Smoked Bacon as it is really meaty. Also got enough left over for 3 or 4 bacon cheese burgers down the road!!!