• Join Home Gardening Forum

What's The Easiest Flower For Children To Grow?

D

Destiny

Hello, I watch my niece on weekdays until her oarents get off work, she has taken an interest my helping my construct my gardens. She wants to grow some flowers she can tend to after school but she wants to grow them from seeds or bulbs. In your experience What's the easiest flower to grow? I'd prefer to have her plant something pretty and colorful rather than something plain. I live in planting zone 7a.

Thanks!

I

IcyBC

I agree with the above comment! Marigold is very easy to grow starting from seeds, and they can also deter many different insects. There are many varieties of marigold types, and you can find them at the Dollar Stores, 4 bags for $1.00. I have gotten good results with them, and they came back for two years straight already!

D

Destiny

Thanks guys! I think we'll try those and I even already have seeds. The color will match well with other things I have planted.

D

daisy

A pumpkin plant might be another fun option with fall coming up!
They're fast growing and in my experience quite hardy.

S

Susan

I was also going to suggest marigolds. They are easy to plant and take littler care. They are very pretty too so I am sure she would love them.