• Join Home Gardening Forum

What web browser do you use

M

Mr_Yan

My photo problem guessing brought this to mind again. What browsers do any of you guys use?

I've been a fan of Opera since about 2000 - the mouse gestures make navigating much easier - but my wife just uses IE.

E

ErnieCopp

I was totally frustrated with AOL and a couple of others, so i started using MSN about 12 years ago and when it came out stepped up to Premium. It costs about 100 bucks a year but includes good virus and other protections that cost that much. It has had several Photo programs and it is a pain learning all the improvements but once i get used to the latest version, each one works real well. The last upgrade was from OS 7 to v8.1, and that has been a big adjjustment to make, but it and I E do everything good enough that i have never thought it necessary to change. I E is up to version 11 now. I still prefer the old Google to G. Chrome or Bing, People that are more expert than i am often recommend other items, but these work well for me.

Ernie

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
My default browser is Firefox. I sometimes use Chrome too but mostly for testing.

M

Mr_Yan

I thought I had heard Firefox was getting out of the game when Chrome came on the scene.

E

ErnieCopp

Would you fellows that know more about computers than the rest of us, tell us why you use the other browsers? Are they faster, or better, or more secure? I know that some of them are very popular, but i have never heard why that is so.

Thanks,
Ernie

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
I'm on Mac and I LOVE Safari because of its desktop and photo editing/publishing capabilities. I also have Firefox that I use when I need two browsers at once.

Lost in mn

Planting Zone
I use Firefox. I use it because it has ooodles of ad-ons which are very helpful when building websites or coding