• Join Home Gardening Forum

What is Your Favorite Herb in Your Garden?

D

dashboardc33

What is your favorite herb in your garden? Mine is definitely my garlic because we use it for many things. It can be used for toothaches and just to boost the immune system. I also love my basil and chives we have as well and add those in my spaghetti sauce and on top of my hot dogs.

L

LeahT

My favorite herb has to be peppermint. Since it spreads so vigorously I have a bed just for peppermint. We use it for tea, sachets, as a steam facial, in soap, as a steam for sinus problems, and a bug repellent in the chicken coop. I will be making peppermint lotion this winter.

N

noodle

Mine is rosemary. I put it on roast chicken and vegetables. I always feel like my meal is a bit more elaborate when I'm using a herb I have grown myself. I also really like using cilantro (we call it coriander in New Zealand) but I have trouble keeping the plant alive for an extended period of time. I would love to try growing some garlic! My parents grow it and it's great to be able to use whatever they have leftover.

S

Susan

Mine would also be my garlic. We are both huge lovers of garlic so we use it in everything that we cook.
It is so good for you and great for your immune system.

T

tinception

My favorite herb in my garden would be peppermit too. It's so easy to grow. Plus, it has a lot of medicinal benefits. I love the smell of peppermint and I find it soothing. I make most of my teas from peppermint. I even made one last night for my Dad who was having a stomach upset.

N

noodle

My favorite herb in my garden would be peppermit too. It's so easy to grow. Plus, it has a lot of medicinal benefits. I love the smell of peppermint and I find it soothing. I make most of my teas from peppermint. I even made one last night for my Dad who was having a stomach upset.

It's really nice to be able to make something like a peppermint tea using your own homegrown ingredients! It means you know there aren't a whole bunch of extra chemicals or anything in it - just pure peppermint. I hope the tea helped your Dad!

T

tinception

It's really nice to be able to make something like a peppermint tea using your own homegrown ingredients! It means you know there aren't a whole bunch of extra chemicals or anything in it - just pure peppermint. I hope the tea helped your Dad!
Yes, it was a nice feeling to produce the tea using my own plants for my family. Plus, I know it's safe to consume since I know exactly how it was made and there aren't any harmful stuff in there. My dad felt much better after that. Thanks!

I

IcyBC

My favorite herbs are chocolate mint and sweet basil! I use dried basil to marinate my meat, fish, and poultry for cooking. The chocolate mint I use to make tea to drink. When I can, I also grow rosemary and thyme. This year was too wet and I missed the planting time for them.