• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Raining when I got up this morning. We got more than predicted (1.46" thus far) which is good because we needed it!!!

Did the weekly shopping. Another week, another adventure. I got the last case of Lone Star beer at Walmart & a woman tried to buy it from me in the parking lot, LOL!!!

Cold front just blew in, it's down to 60 degrees. That being the case, I made a big pot of beef stew for supper.

Last edited:

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
Nasty weathers here too. High of 50 and rain.

I've got a craving for Irish soda bread but don't have any wholemeal flour and of course everyone is sold out at the moment.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Took Dieter to the vet for his annual checkup & inoculations. He weighs 94 pounds.

• Up Vote
Reactions: ksk
K

ksk

Hey Sam. The wife is still recovering from hip surgery in January. If I can find them,is it to late to plant new potatoes?

M

Mr_Yan

Inch of snow on the ground when I left for work today.

Michigan is going on psudo-lockdown as today (Monday) rolls into tomorrow (Tuesday). Killing the economy and putting millions of people out of work better be worth it. 14 weekdays until the projected lock down end date. We are encouraged to go outside and be active but all non-essential businesses are closed. That said, if my Grandma gets this coronavirus she's dead and if my mom gets it I expect her survival odds to be 50/50.

I'm going to try working from home but most of my job requires being plugged into the PLC I'm programming.

I'm 2 for 2 in killing the economy. Last time I bought I house I closed the day before the housing downturn locally started in 2007. Now I'm under contract to buy a house and in the three weeks since we put in the offer the flag went up and the zombie-platypus hoard started marching. Sorry guys.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
No need to apologize. Us Texans are dealing with this needless stupidity too... The chance of dying from this stands at 0.00000156818% as of 1 minute ago.

Come November, extract your revenge for wrecking the economy.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Dispatched another armadillo that wandered into the trap.

Cut the grass.

Fed the cattle.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Watered the garden, the plants in the greenhouse & the pots/baskets on the front porch.

Got my haircut in spite of the local idiot politicians shutting down businesses... there more than 1 way to skin a cat.

Picked up bleach, 50 lbs of flour, paper towels & other items that are scarce lately... again, there more than 1 way to skin a cat.

Washed the entire front porch (stone wall, ceiling & concrete) with 30-Second cleaner.

Last edited:
M

Mr_Yan

50 and sun.

Day 2 of state shutdown, 19 to go.

Learned the InstantPot is not a good tool to make meat balls. Use the stovetop of oven.

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
I was thinking this won't end well.

I've been on this home buzzer haircut bandwagon for over 5 years. There are some really good tutorials on YouTube too.

Yep, I had her watch one a few times before she started hacking away at me. Ever since the military, I can’t stand hair. It was coming off one way or another.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Finished cleaning the party barn & then continued on the garden wall until the sun started getting hot.

Fed the cattle.

Moved the remaining rolls of hay into the barn so I can move the cattle to the front pastures.

Watered the garden.

M

Mr_Yan

50 and rain.

Worked remotely - VPN makes it almost like I am in the office using AutoCAD. Except I'm using a chest freezer as my desk and sitting in my utility room / basement / pantry. There's a hanging basket full of potatoes a few inches above my laptop.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Dispatched yet another armadillo that wandered into the trap. Buzzards are eating good lately.

Weed the garden.

Put out a big seed block for the woodpeckers.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered the garden & the pots/hanging baskets on the back porch.

Fed the cattle & moved them to the front pastures.

Seasoned up chicken that I'll smoke for supper. Mrs. Ranch made cole slaw for a side dish.

Burned the trash.

Last edited:
M

Mr_Yan

Raining and cold.

Grocery shopping with the unwashed masses this morning.

Kids playing LEGO.

M

Mr_Yan

Started building my Arduino starter-kit car. Having 3 helpers each wanting a turn makes things slower.

My daughter and I made a batch of Chocolate-coronavirus-we're-all-going-to-die-chip cookies.

45 F and rain