• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Seasoned up a Boston Butt that I'll smoke & then pull for supper tonight.

Watered all the trees, flowerbeds & asparagus.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Vacuum packed & froze the pull pork that I made yesterday for quick meals at a later date.

Made Carne Gasada for supper the next few nights as another cold front is suppose to arrive tomorrow. I made ranch rice to go along with it.

Fed the cattle & put out another roll of hay.

Last edited:
M

Mr_Yan

My wife hates me with beard and I hate spending $3+ on razor cartridges. I had been using Harry's but their new design blades are terrible. So I bought an old school double edge safety razor. $20 for 120 new blades.

First shave was OK but this will take some getting used to.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Picked up the 12 bags of fertilizer & got it spread as we are expecting rain tonight.

Refilled the redbird feeders & put out another seed block.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Yeah!!! We're getting a nice gentle rain!!!

Replaced the battery in Dieter's e-collar.

Replaced another faucet in the guesthouse.

Cleaned the windows of both Jeeps for something to do...

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Vacuumed my Jeep & had Mrs. Ranch wash Dieter's 'mudroom' (canvas back seat cover). At least now it doesn't smell so doggy, LOL!!!

Cleaned up the the the garage & vacuumed it in preparation for winter. Also washed the table/chairs so were ready to go. Next up is cleaning & getting the greenhouse ready for the cold weather.

Fed the cattle.

Mrs. Ranch made a dewberry pie from our stash of berries in the freezer.

Last edited:

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
went to deer camp nice an cool .. every oak tree IS LOADED WITH ACORN'S .. food plot's are coming up hog's are rooting up everywhere . our best hope is the hog's help clean up a LOT of the acorn crop. just got home an found .3 in the rain gauge (good) " now have to help the ASTRO'S win tonight "

K

ksk

The .6 rain last night helped pack the sand I have been putting on the levee around the pond that I have been working on for the last three days.Made the mistake of showing the wife Ranch's recipe for Chocolate Chip Cheer Bars and will buy needed ingredients when we go shopping later today.

Last edited by a moderator:

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
got 1.9 rain an quiet a light show lot of thunder. these little rain showers are doing my garden good everything is growing good. Mrs L. is working on fresh Salmon ,corn on cob, green salad an home made rolls. I am working on some double barrel over ice . looking forward to the predicted cooler weather

• Up Vote
Reactions: ksk
M

Mr_Yan

Picked up my commuter-coffin (little car to get to work) from getting the exhaust pipe replaced / repaired. The receipt & statement of work includes 1.5 pages of things they recommend but did not fix this time - that list totals $3138.96. I spent $4000 on the car from a dealership 4 years ago.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Picked up a load of cattle feed.

Put out another roll of hay.

Watered the garden, asparagus & porch pots.

Made a dozen hard-boiled eggs for breakfasts.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Seasoned up a thick sirloin that I'll smoke for our supper. Mrs. Ranch is making 2X baked potatoes to go with it.

Puttered in the garden & then watered it.

Fed the cattle.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Brought over another 25 rolls of hay from the hay barn.

Watered the garden, asparagus, flowerbeds, porch pots, hanging baskets & all the trees before the winds start howling & the temperature drops.

Made another batch of Chocolate Chip Cherry Bars. These things are addictive!!!

Last edited:

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
watered the garden , planted some sweet onions an watered in , everything growing good having a hard time dealing with the wind ... getting ready for deer season .. hoping these ASTRO'S GET THERE ACT TOGETHER

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
.4 rain .. LOT of wind . blue jeans and long sleeves wind breaker feels good . the smell of home made soup an skillet cornbread uumm . Mrs. L came home with some Butter Nut hot chocolate aah life is good

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Vacuum packed the roasts I bought yesterday.

Fed the cattle & put out a roll of hay.

Work on the ice maker in the main house as it is not doing what it is suppose to do... Water supply line was frozen up.

Puttered in the garden.

Last edited:

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
walking around the yard spraying ant mound's with Permethrin sfr and the septic an well house an several flower pots an the foundation of house , an the barn .. having pork chops an red beans an sliced avocado then cheering the Astro's on to another win ?