Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Did the weekly shopping.

Seasoned up some chicken for fajitas that will be grilled for supper. I'll also make ranch rice as side dish.

Made another double batch of escalloped pears.

Last edited:
K

ksk

^^^ Good, that rules out having to add a resistor due to the LEDs having a low current draw. So you're back to the problem being caused by a faulty ground. ^^^
I did not work on it today as we went to H town for most of the day. When changing out the lights I used the old nuts in the brackets.After reading the directions I went back and used those provided, this is suppose to ground the lights. Tomorrow I plan on replacing the ground wire with new as I used the old wire.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Fed cattle.

Went to town for ranch fuel & to pick up molasses tubs for the cattle.

Watered all the hanging baskets.

Last edited:
K

ksk

Wat
I did not work on it today as we went to H town for most of the day. When changing out the lights I used the old nuts in the brackets.After reading the directions I went back and used those provided, this is suppose to ground the lights. Tomorrow I plan on replacing the ground wire with new as I used the old wire.
Watered fruit trees.I have not worked on the trailer but I'm still brainstorming the problem. I have been testing the lights without hooking up the trailer to the ball[ just backing up] and connecting the harness to the truck.Would this cause a grounding problem by not hooking the truck to the trailer?

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
No. The diagram I supplied shows you the pin that supplies the ground, unless your is different or defective.

What king of truck do you have?

M

Mr_Yan

44 F when we woke up and got moving today. Sunny, clear, and windy.

Pumpkin fest parade through town - my youngest was on a wagon behind a tractor in the parade with the rest of her preschool class.

Mowed the lawn.

Finished a bottle of Bulleit Frontier Whiskey and opened a bottle of Larceny Bourbon. After the first drink I think Frontier is better but we'll see if this new bottle grows on me.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Vacuum packed the 2nd batch of escalloped pears.

Watered all the trees, flowerbeds & asparagus.

Fed the cattle & put out the molasses tubs.

As they are completely dry now, I rehung the cast iron hanging basket hooks on the front porch.

Hanging_Basket_Hooks.jpg

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Picked up a load of cattle feed.

Watered the porch pots.

Played in the kitchen... made chocolate chip cherry bars (kind of like 'blondies').

Made another batch of ranch rice to go with our leftover chicken fajitas.

Last edited:

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
found some Kale an Celery so added them to .. started mowing wife said dinner ready that was all I needed.. to be continued

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
finished mowing watered garden thinking about what I can do to protect these young plants from the anticipated wind this weekend ( I live on the prairie) windy almost ALL the time

S

Serena B

What did you do in your garden today?

Today I snipped suckers from my tomato plants and checked the water levels in my self watering containers.
I deadheaded my petunias and collected seeds from my marigolds. I also used my ripened tomatoes to make home made salsa for my kiddos.

M

Mr_Yan

Ate pizza. Enjoyed a little of what will be one of the last 70 degree days of the year. Spent 10 hours in a box looking at a computer (at work).

Saturday's forecast high 48 F, low 45 F.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Well the cold front has finally arrived here... It was 72 degrees at 0600 hrs & an hour later it was 62 (accompanied by 0.29" of much needed rain). It's now 1030 hrs & we're down to 54 degrees...

Did the weekly shopping. It felt weird wearing jeans again, LOL!!!

Made another batch of Chocolate Chip Cherry Bars.

Last edited:

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
got .8 tenths rain (should have been more in gauge ) as it was raining on a slant . happy with what I got.. enjoying the cooler weather . PULLING for the ASTRO'S . while enjoying spaghetti an meat sauce with garlic bread also salad.. maybe a lil double barrel over ice

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Received my new fertilizer spreader last night, so I assembled it this morning. I'll pickup 12 bags of 'winterizer' fertilizer later as it is suppose to rain again next week.

Also received 2 pasta maker attachments for the KitchenAid mixer (making homemade pasta has been on my bucket list). I also ordered 6 kilos of Caputo Semolina wheat flour from Italy that I'm waiting on.

M

Mr_Yan

@w_r_ranch home made pasta is great. Look into ravioli making too. I bought a butternut squash intending it for ravioli filling today.

I use an Atlas hand crank pasta roller.

An alternate use for the pasta roller is for rolling out flatbread crackers.