• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
I'm on a mission to kill all the nutsedge that invaded one of the flowerbeds. I've been spot spraying the new arrivals every morning. I hate this weed, but fortunately there are herbicides available that kill the plant and the nut under the soil.

Installed the roll-up door on the router shop last week.

IMG_1941.JPGIMG_1942.JPGIMG_1934.JPG

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Harvested the last of the green peppers so Mrs. Ranch can prep them for freezing. Also picked a the last of the tomatoes & cucumbers. As soon as 'hotter-than-hell' week is over, I'll start prepping the garden for the fall planting.

Received the new rear fenders for the Gator. I put 2 applications of Rejex polymer coating on them & will install them tomorrow after it cures.

Ordered watch batteries for 5 watches after taking them apart.

Last edited:
K

ksk

Watered the garden and front yard.Went to town to buy oil/filter for the tractor.Came home and sat in the truck for 30 minutes as it rained.Got 2 inches!

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Went through the potatoes & selected the ones that I'll plant in the fall garden after they're chitted out.

Installed the new rear fenders for the Gator.

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
this watering is a every other day chore.. went to local fuel dealer an got off road diesel , ethanol free gas, then stopped at Vincek's smokehouse for some really good BBQ .. now headed for my recliner MRS. L. is at the great grand daughters an it is quiet here.. so

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Did the weekly shopping.

Received the batteries for our watches & got them all installed.

Water the porch pots & hanging baskets.

Last edited:
M

Mr_Yan

Family bike ride to a park where my wife did a yoga class and kids played on a playground and I drank coffee. Round trip 1hr 40 min and 5 ish miles.
5 hours at work - writing the hmi for a material handling machine, the guys next to me are doing the PLC work. Close to 60 hours in the last week, but I was always home before 5:30.
Mowed the lawn

Need to mix hydroponic nutrient and refill the lettuce troughs.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
UPDATE: Hotter than hell week is here, it's 100.2 degrees with a heat index of 112 degrees at 1700 hrs.

Watered the crape myrtles, porch pots & hanging baskets again due to the heat.

Sprayed the yellow jacket nests in the barn so I could get the boat out &air up the tires. The new owner will pick it up tomorrow.

Cleaned & refilled the hummingbird feeders.

Cleaned & refilled the wasp traps.

Last edited:
K

ksk

Pulled remainder of tomato plants.One cherry left. Still have several bell peppers and one cucumber .Watering behind the house.

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
watered yard and surprise volunteer cantaloupe plants 5 gonna see if they have time to produce .. hot humid .. martins have left . an then return with a whole lot more an sit around close to a day then gone again .. I would like to clean there B. house's out an plug hole's (sparrows) don't know when they leave until spring

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered all the trees, flowerbeds &the asparagus bed.

Fed the cattle.

Continued shredding the front pasture. I had to quit at noontime due to the heat...

Took Dieter to the vet again, this time for a bladder infection.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Watered the grass in the back yard this morning as it's going to be 104 degrees today.

Picked up another load of cattle feed.

The boat was picked up by the new owner... afterwards I enjoyed a margarita!!! I'm boat-less for the first time in 37 yrs!!!

Last edited:
M

Mr_Yan

Best / fastest / easiest way to clear a hair clog from a bathtub drain is a shop-vac.

Took longer to carry the shop vac from the garage to the bathroom than to clear the drain clog.

• Up Vote
Reactions: ksk
M

Mr_Yan

10 mile bike ride with the family