• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
My shoulder is hurting, so I'm taking it easy again today... all I did was make a small loaf of rye bread & a blueberry cobbler.

It's hot today 94 degrees right now & the heat index is 107...

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Fed the cattle.

Harvested more tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers & the last of the green beans. The mail lady came to pick them up.

Refilled the salt for the water softener & replaced the filter in the well house.

Started spraying the yellow nutsedge in the pastures (this is going to take a good while). Ordered more marker dye, surfactant & a new pump for one of the sprayers.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered all the trees & flowerbeds.

Went to get ranch fuel (both diesel & ethanol-free gas).

Put out another seed block for the redbirds.

Seasoned up a big sirloin that I'll smoke for supper, along with some garlic bread. Mrs. Ranch made macaroni salad & we have stuff jalapenos to round it out. That should hold us for a few days...

Last edited:

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
fuel run ahead of the potential weather .. red diesel & ethanol free gas (93 octane) started cleaning out the garden (IT'S HOT) washed out the garbage cans an lids .. MRS. L. say's lunch is ready (tuna fish sandwich) I think a nap is in my future.. set the sprinklers out let them run for a couple hours

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Cut the grass. It was hot, 95 degree with a heat index of 105.

Put the new 4.5 GPM pump on the 26 gallon spot sprayer.

Last edited:

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Catching up on some unfinished work this week. I built this addition for the CNC Router and haven't had time to put siding on it. The 'Tyvek' has been doing the work keeping the elements out for 6 months. I will say that it has done a good job though, not a drop of moisture in the shop.

IMG_1875.JPG

M

Mr_Yan

90 F as the high, mostly cloudy for the day.

The weather forecast has us under a "Beach Hazard Statement" that shows as a warning on weather.com. Hmm didn't have that problem at my old house. All kidding aside that is a high wave / current warning not to swim in Lake Michigan. Do not under-estimate or not respect that lake. If you don't respect that lake it could very well kill you.

Full day at work
Mowed the lawn
Walked the dog
Used the kiddy pool water to water tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant
Grilled burgers and summer squash for dinner

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Received 0.07" of rain last night.

Continued spraying the yellow nutsedge in the pastures. This stuff (sulfentrazone) is really putting a hurt on it in only 4 days!!! I need to order more of it.

Burned the trash (cardboard & feed sacks).

Fed the cattle.

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
working in the yard .. not a dry thread on . enough for now time to spray the fence again later this evening (7 pm) shower time cold ice tea... glad Barry went some where else.. hope it's NOT to bad on the folks in LA.

RLwhaler

Planting Zone
8b
The man cave at the casa is finally done. Moved all the septic stuff to the back. Currently looking at Homes and Hunters magazines for the décor. Pavement walk ways not the best, but it will do for now.

My most prized possession. Hand made from a good friend and his lovely wife. I'am planning on framing this in my office.

65393175_905754309789789_6298819992011931648_n.jpg65881928_440208016833973_3655188095709478912_n.jpg65385123_2226600514054933_6804054647355998208_n.jpg15027587_1259332750790903_4059274841756317528_n.jpg

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Seasoned up chicken fajita meat that I'll grill for supper tonight. Then made stuffed jalapenos... I'll also make ranch rice to go with everything.

Watered all the crape myrtles.

Last edited:
K

ksk

Canned another 16 pints of Bread and Butters [Ranch's recipe]. This should be the last canning for the summer.The garden is on the down side. A few cucumbers and squash and some small tomatoes.I'm watering every other day as the rain on the most part is missing us. A total of .7 for the month.On a side note the oldest daughter in Memphis is getting hammered.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered the garden, asparagus, flowerbeds & the rest of the trees. It's 95 degrees with a heat index of 107 degrees.

Got our first 2 cantaloupes today. Hope they're a sweet as the ones last year...

Last edited:
K

ksk

With all this heat,what do Ido? Cleared my back fence line where as the wife can see the ranch behind us.She loves watching their cows and the deer back there.I must have drank two gallons of water.The whole time I was thinking,where are all the grandkids when you need them.lol.This was suppose to be a project last Fall or Winter.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Dieter went to the vet today as he has been puking the past week... He has a pancreas infection per the blood test, so he got a couple of shots & pills. He is also going on a prescription dog food as the blood test shows he is having an issue with the 18% fat content of his regular food. I told the vet "Whatever it takes". Dieter is not happy about his being limited to how much raw meat he gets, although he likes eating yogurt. I ordered his prescription dog food, both wet & dry. He also weighs 98 lbs now, although he doesn't look that heavy... By this afternoon he appeared to be his normal rambunctious self.

Last edited: