• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

K

ksk

Yep they hit us hard a couple of nights ago.
While shredding this morning I found a couple places that would swallow my tractor.I have a game camera on a feeder and have seen a one that looks to be 250+.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Rain started again last night (0.12"). The forecast says we will have another 2" over the next 10 days...

Did the weekly shopping & picked up molasses tubs for the cattle, along with the supplies needed to work them.

K

ksk

Finished mowing/shredding.Now bring on the rain. Had .1 yesterday.

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
What in the heck does this? Something got into our grapefruit trees and is chewing off the tips of branches. All of the cuts look like they’re done on a miter saw at a 45 degree angle. I have no idea, rats maybe?

E3C5C329-CE04-4562-B1C7-72C86629D69A.jpeg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
If the petiole itself is cut, I would suspect either harvester or fire ants. Look around closely...

I doubt it is rats or mice as the end branches wouldn't support their weight.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Started raining pretty good at 0900 hrs... Hopefully we'll get some runoff for the stock tanks.

Finished cleaning the hummingbird feeders from the front porch & then refilled the 8 remaining ones on the back porch.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Fed the cattle & put out the molasses tubs.

Put up another seed block for the redbirds & woodpeckers.

Cut the grass ahead of the rain.

Last edited:
M

Mr_Yan

Harvested about 1/2 of my popcorn - its not pretty. Terrible yield this year. Almost 100% hit by corn earworm.

RLwhaler

Planting Zone
8b
It's been raining on and off here in Cypress, Texas. Slow lazy Sunday. Temperature is nice and cool. I believe fall is around the corner.

• Up Vote
Reactions: ksk

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Fed the cattle.

Started cleaning my starter pots/flats for next spring.

Replaced the head on one of the spot sprayers as it was leaking.

Replaced the rubber bumper ends on the garden tractor.

Last edited:
M

Mr_Yan

Mrs. Yan called me at work today. She broke my oven.

I got to fix it when I got home so we could have dinner.

$41 for a new element. 10 Minutes to replace. An additional 5 minutes to scrape out and vac the inside of the oven.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
It was raining hard enough to wake me up this morning... I guess we will have to put-off working the cattle for safety reasons. UPDATE: Still raining at 1700 hrs pretty good, we are catching some good runoff for the stock tanks!!! I'll get another cutting of hay for the winter!!!

Made bread.

Harvested some pears & made another pear bundt cake.

Fencing guy came out to look at the last section (about 2700 ft.) that I want net-wired to keep the feral hogs out. Told him I want 6 in. cedar posts & 8 in. on the corners Hopefully it will be done before the start of deer season... I too old to do it myself.

Last edited:
K

ksk

It was raining hard enough to wake me up this morning... I guess we will have to put-off working the cattle for safety reasons.

Made bread.

Harvested some pears & made another pear bundt cake.
Rain missed me Ranch.I did get .2 yesterday.

K

ksk

Received 2 in. rain yesterday.Have not had that much at one time since June.I did get my planter boxes ready before it started raining.I probably will plant Fall garden next week.