Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Dispatched the armadillo that has been trying to dig under the fence. Dieter helped by telling me it was in the trap.

Stoked up the stump, hopefully for the last time.

Continued prepping the garden.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered all the trees.

Seasoned up 2 pork steaks that I'll smoke for supper.

Divided thew seed potatoes & dusted with sulphur. Yes, I am planting them 2 weeks later than I normally would. I also readied the leeks for planting tomorrow as well

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Planted the potatoes & leeks this morning. Then prepped the area where I will plant the green onions, radish & cilanto by running the pear burner over it to kill anything sprouting there. I'll plant those seeds tomorrow.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made a loaf of sourdough rye bread.

Cut the grass. Finished in the rain, but it needed to be done.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered the garden & everything in the greenhouse.

Fed the cattle.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Sprayed a product call '30 second cleaner' on the stone exterior of the guesthouse. Worked pretty good.

Finished spraying RoundUp around the yard & fence. Also did the entry gate & started the roads & around the barn.

Fed the cattle.

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Sprayed a product call '30 second cleaner' on the stone exterior of the guesthouse. Worked pretty good.

Finished spraying RoundUp around the yard & fence. Also did the entry gate & started the roads & around the barn.

Fed the cattle.

Does it say if its good for painted Hardiboard?

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Burned the trash.

Watered all the trees, flowerbeds & the stuff in the greenhouse.

Continued prepping the garden.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Did the weekly shopping. That was an adventure, LOL!!!

Cleaned & refilled the wasp traps on the back porch.

Last edited:

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Went to the dollar store with the boy and bought some canned goods. Not that I'm worried about any of the hype that's going on, but I've been meaning to start building up a small stash for a while now for hurricanes or general idiocy as we've seen lately. We have this cubby hole under the kitchen island that we'll use to store the apocalypse supplies. I had Luke crawl in there and stack everything neatly.

IMG_2544.JPG

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered the trees & flowerbeds.

Made a pot of pinto beans.

Seasoned up an eye-of-round & chicken thighs (for Dieter). I then smoked them over post oak/hickory coals.

Mixed up some dirt to fill in the hole where the stump was. Also filled in some low spots in the backyard.

Fed the cattle.

Moved the hanging baskets & spider plants out of the greenhouse back to their respective porches.

Last edited:
M

Mr_Yan

Been living at work. 88 hours this week. The machine is coming together but I'm close to zombie level.

Did the weekly grocery shopping and the store was picked over and the things that were bare were generally stupid things to hoard if you're stuck at home. Getting stupid out there. I watched a woman grab 4 boxes of instant rice and the bottom of her cart was full of random canned food. There wasn't a box of instant oatmeal or pack of instant ramen in the building.

Kids out of school for the next 4 weeks. MI schools shutdown for 3 weeks then we go on spring break.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Sprinkled this morning...

Sliced up the smoked meat from yesterday & vacuum packed it.

Watered the remaining veggie plants in the greenhouse.

R&R'd the garbage disposal in the main house.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered the garden & asparagus bed.

Planted green onion, radish, cilantro & 2 kinds of lettuce.

Removed/cleaned/reinstalled the bubbler heads for the Crape Myrtles, then watered them too.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Puttered around the house as I didn't have much ambition. I did manage to wax the inside of the kitchen sink cabinet so Mrs. Ranch could move the cleaning supplies back into it.

Watered the plants in the greenhouse.

Trimmed the hanging baskets on the porches.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made 2 loaves of bread, 1 Italian & 1 garlic.

Burned the trash.

Watered the plants in the greenhouse.

Canceled my outstanding orders at Amazon since they have stopped delivery of "non-essential" items due to this manufactured virus hype. My $$$ spends just as well elsewhere, like Walmart & Home Depot. They too will learn that for every action, there is an equal & opposite reaction. I know others will do the same.

Received my new office chair & got it assembled. I can see myself falling to sleep in it...

New_Chair.jpg

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Received 10 gallons of '30 Second Cleaner Concentrate' so I can continue cleaning the exterior of the main house. I did the stone work on the north & east sides, part of the garden wall & most of the party barn. I can see that I'll need to order another 20 gallons to finish, but this stuff works great & it's easy, LOL!!! I may try it on the roof too.

Fed the cattle.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
I didn't take before pictures of the house, but I can show you the difference on the party barn since I didn't finish it.

Party_Barn_Before_After.jpg

Last edited:

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
I read somewhere that a lot of guys are using liquid pool shock mixed with water at proper ratio for house cleaner. I think I'll give it a shot, you can get it for about $5/gallon.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
If you can find the one that is made of Sodium Hypochlorite, use it. It is more expensive (about $25 a gallon), which is why I chose what I did.

Don't use a cheap one that contains Calcium Hypochlorite (which is most of them), it will leave a white powder on everything when it dries (even after rinsing) & you will have a hard time getting it off. Consider yourself warned. If you ever paint again, you'll be glad I told you.

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
The liquid stuff is the Sodium type, but after looking it ain’t $5/gallon. Yep, about $25 as you said. Oh well, I only have one wall that needs to be done, 1 gallon should do it.