• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

K

ksk

I’ve done it several times. The wood part is straightforward. Recommend getting wood from a place like McCoy’s vs Home Depot. For the wiring, be sure to run a dedicated ground to all lights. Do not use the trailer frame as a ground for anything.
I have a McCoys near me where I buy everything.I will be asking questions as I work on it.Thanks.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Did the weekly shopping.

Picked pears & made 2 pear pies (one for our neighbor). Also made escalloped pears that will be vacuum packed/frozen.

Last edited:
  • Up Vote
Reactions: ksk

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made stuffed jalapenos.

Cleaned & applied a coat of phosphoric acid to plant stands & the hanging basket holders in preparation for painting.

Fed the cattle & put out another roll of hay.

Seasoned up a pot of pinto beans & got them soaking overnight.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made a pot of pinto beans.

Seasoned up some beef fajita meat that I'll grill for our supper.

Applied 2 coats of paint to the spider plant stands.

Last edited:

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
Hot and Humid already every thread on me is soaked . I don't think she will let me sit on any of the furniture .. sometimes IT'S better to ask for forgiveness than permission :)

Last edited:
K

ksk

Had a tree guy come by and look at a dead oak beside the house. Scheduled to come next week to remove it.

M

Mr_Yan

Bouncing between highs in the 60s and highs almost to 90. Welcome to the midwest in fall.

Rain making up for the dry July and August.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Refilled 3 of the 4 remaining hummingbird feeders for the birds that are yet to leave.

Portioned out the escalloped pears for freezing. Got 7 containers (2 lbs each). I'll probably do another double batch soon.

Escalloped_Pears_Containers.jpg

Did the quarterly review of investments.

Started painting the detail work of the cast iron hanging basket brackets.

Last edited:
K

ksk

I have a McCoys near me where I buy everything.I will be asking questions as I work on it.Thanks.
Need some brain storming.I rewired the trailer.Brake lights work.Right turn signal works.The left turn signal works but when turned on, the lights on the truck look like I have my flashers on?

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
You should have listened to wolffman & me about running a dedicated ground to each light. Using the trailer frame as a ground is prone to having problems (both he & I learned that the hard way).

K

ksk

The new lights that I installed are suppose to be grounded by the nuts that hold the light in place. I mentioned to a friend that I needed more ground wire and I used some old spliced with new. He thought that may be a problem plus to check the area of the ground for dirt and paint.

K

ksk

You should have listened to wolffman & me about running a dedicated ground to each light. Using the trailer frame as a ground is prone to having problems (both he & I learned that the hard way).
Ok.If I don't ground on the frame ,where do you suggest?

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Use 2 wires to each light & connect all the grounds together, then connect them to the ground wire on the plug that attaches to the truck. For example:
Adapter_Wiring.jpg

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
The new lights that I installed are suppose to be grounded by the nuts that hold the light in place. I mentioned to a friend that I needed more ground wire and I used some old spliced with new. He thought that may be a problem plus to check the area of the ground for dirt and paint.

If you're at a point where you can still run dedicated grounds, it's a good idea. You can still use the stud on the light fixture to ground to. But, instead of using the frame for the ground, attach the wire to it. Use a stainless ring crimp connector for this. Also, I wouldn't use one single splice in your wiring if you can avoid it. I've found that using the frame for grounding guarantees a 100% chance of failure over time. It won't happen right away, but after the trailer sits for a few months you will have problems.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered all the trees, flowerbeds, asparagus & porch pots.

Finished painting the detail work of the cast iron hanging basket brackets.

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
watered tree's , lawn , cut yard / ditches / weed eat around mail box / yard pump house ,edged drive way , worked up a thirst put one in the freezer for a few , come on next Tuesday

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
^^^ Good, that rules out having to add a resistor due to the LEDs having a low current draw. So you're back to the problem being caused by a faulty ground. ^^^