w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Fed the cattle.

Finished spraying Grazon P+D on the senna beans, then continued spraying Sulfentrazone on the nutsedge.

Last edited:

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
when either one of our 4 legged family members is sick the whole house is out of sorts... replaced the rubber seal on the upright freezer. had my truck serviced an tires rotated . took MRS L. to lunch McAlister's Deli. good salad . went to HEB picked up a few thing's life is good hope everyone's is as well

RLwhaler

Planting Zone
8b
Starting clearing a pad for a metal shop this week. It’s a start to a long process. Reworked a flowerbed this week and started spraying sulfentrazone as it was overrun with nutgrass. I’m sure I’ll be spraying it weekly for the next few months.

View attachment 3634

View attachment 3635

I did the same Friday ! My son finally let his old man play in the dirt at his place. I had so much fun ..I didn't bothered to go eat lunch with them . LOL!

67165045_2443206815736818_6078697033986736128_o.jpg67153375_2443206589070174_3150771395412099072_n.jpg

K

ksk

Back home after going to Memphis last week to see the oldest daughter[ 1400 miles total]. These old bones cannot drive it in one day.Have to stop in Texarkana. We went to see the Bass Pro Shop in the pyramid in Memphis.Wow is the only way to describe it.Grandkids [and us] loved the place.A brother was kind enough to water my garden and plants around the house while we were gone.The garden is on it's final days.I'm still getting some cucumbers and a few tomatoes. I saw where Ranch got .5 rain. If we got anything it had evaporated in the gauge. Only measurable rain I have had was the first two days of July.Also ate bbq at two different places while in Memphis.Texas bbq [and mine] is much better.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered all the trees, flowerbeds porch pots, hanging baskets & the asparagus bed.

Seasoned up a thick sirloin that I'll smoke for supper.

Last edited:

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
and as Ranch stated hot. humid took it out of me . cleaned garden and hauled it to dump. mowed yard an ditches put Clorox in septic . went over an met new neighbor's . took MRS L. car to be serviced . that was yesterday just getting around to posting

K

ksk

Ranch what is the status of your garden? I water mine every other day and still getting a few cherry tomatoes,bell peppers and a few cucumbers.I had .7 total rain in July.I'm fixing to pull the plug until Fall.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered half of the trees & the grass in the back yard. We are approaching our annual 'hotter that hell' week (forecast shows the 100+ degrees starting this coming Friday).

Fed the cattle.

Shred the pasture adjacent to the garden.

Refilled the bird feeders.

Last edited:
K

ksk

Cleaned out the onion/potato bin. I was surprised to have any left as the bin is located in my garage.I usually run a fan during the day to try to keep the temps. down.At 4:30 this morning we had a .1 rain. First recordable rain since July 3rd.Received my first Fall seed catalog yesterday. Too hot to even think about planting.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Picked our 1st watermelon yesterday evening & another today for the young family down the road.

Made bread & then stuffed jalapenos.

Finished the 'begining-of-the-month' chores & then puttered around the house.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered all the trees, flowerbeds, porch pots & the asparagus bed.

Moved the hay into the hay trap.

Continued shredding along exterior fence line so I can spray some more.

Last edited:

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
watered everything trees flowers lawn rain went all around us yesterday . hoping.. small showers south of us moving very slow up toward us

M

Mr_Yan

Been pulling a lot of hours at work. I also shifted my day earlier so I could still have time to play with kids after 10 or 11 hour days. This 12 minute commute also helps.

In the last few days we:
  • went for several family bike rides
  • played at the beach (air temp 84 F, sunny, Lake Michigan temp 62 F)
  • played at the local splash pad
  • bought new bikes for the kids and wife - now the 9 and 7 year olds have bikes with more than one speed and the wife has a better bike than the one I am riding