Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Did the weekly shopping.

Picked up 10 gallons of RoundUp for the fence line.

Harvested some slicing tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers & a couple of cantaloupes for the young family down the road. I also made a batch of scalloped potatoes for them as well.

Scalloped_Potatoes.jpg

Supper for us tonight will be chicken quesadillas with our onions & green peppers topped with guacamole & leftover stuffed japs.... and more margaritas, LOL!!!

Last edited:

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
cut grass - yard ditches , yesterday dug a hole 18" X 18" X 36" for a flag pole base mixed cement an set a pipe put up a pole with 2 flag's ( Star's an Stripes an Texas ) with frequent stops for cold water in the shade , after a shower an a cold beverage . Mrs L is frying some fresh gulf shrimp. & a salad with sliced tomatoes done for the day

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
That's a wrap for the air compressor shack. Olivia is convinced that it's her new house and has requested a bookshelf, kitchen, and couch. Roll-up door arrives by freight next week, and that will put a fork in this project. Thank God, it's hot out here.

Taking the family to Splashway waterpark (right down the road from WR Ranch's place) tomorrow, time for a break.

IMG_1886.JPGIMG_1891.JPG

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Watered all the trees, flowerbeds & asparagus bed.

Cleaned/refilled the bird feeders & put out another seed block.

Adjust the electric gates & grease the hinges.

Last edited:

RLwhaler

Planting Zone
8b
I'd hit that in a minute!!! All we're having is hot dogs & potato salad.

Ranch, I'll personally bring my wok and cook you and Mrs. Ranch, soon !
In the mean time...I just found out " The Admiral" wants to go salsa dancing. There should be wine there. This will get interesting..especially if my daughters shows up. ROTF ! (I don't dance Ranch)

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Your family is always welcomed here Richard. I'd consider it an honor to serve you & the 'admiral' some of my frozen margaritas & supper. Then you can recover over at the guest house, LOL!!!

We don't dance anymore, although we used to like going 'out on the floor'. We would still go occasionally, but Dieter doesn't like being left alone (& Dieter comes first nowadays).

RLwhaler

Planting Zone
8b
Your family is always welcomed here Richard. I'd consider it an honor to serve you & the 'admiral' some of my frozen margaritas & supper. Then you can recover over at the guest house, LOL!!!

We don't dance anymore, although we used to like going 'out on the floor'. We would still go occasionally, but Dieter doesn't like being left alone (& Dieter comes first nowadays).

Thank you, Sir !
I would of course have your permission. I don't want to end up full of holes like them hogs ! LOL!!!

M

Mr_Yan

Spent last week on Mackinac Island moving at (my wife's) bike speed. Never got above 82 F.

Mackinac Bridge

Fort Mackinac - important fort pre-American revolution through about 1817 but kept in active use until about 1890

The commanding view of the Straits of Mackinac from the south entry to the fort,

This trip also re-piqued my interest in learning blacksmithing.

M

Mr_Yan

Found my unlost shaker of salt - the wife put it in the wrong cabinet when making bread

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Went to town to get a haircut & then went to pay the quarterly taxes. Also picked up another jug of Grazon P+D so I can finish spraying in the pastures.

To windy to spray herbicides today.

Last edited:

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
got 1.5" rain that was welcome , enjoying the cooler weather an looking forward to Wed. & Thursday am have some chores to do

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Too windy to spray, but the temperature is nice!!!

Seasoned up a couple of pork steaks that I'll smoke for supper tonight. Mrs. Ranch is making macaroni salad to go with them.