• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
^^^ They need to learn to put bags of sand in their beds to increase the weight for traction. ^^^

M

Mr_Yan

^^^ They need to learn to put bags of sand in their beds to increase the weight for traction. ^^^
  1. They need to learn not to stand on the gas pedal after the tires start spinning.
  2. They need to learn how to use a come-along to pull a car or truck a little.
  3. Yes some weight over the back wheels could help. The guy stuck last night certainly had a lot of weight in the cab of the truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mr_Yan

And guys the Canada II socks by Wigwam are great wool socks. I bought one pair then went out and bought another within a week. Nice and lofty and soft. Warm but not too warm. Made in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Good price. And Wigwam socks last for years.

• Up Vote
Reactions: ksk

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Took Mrs. Ranch's Jeep to have the new tires put on it. Now all the vehicles have new tires...

Watered everything in the greenhouse.

Made stuffed jalapenos.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Fed the cattle.

Cut the seed potatoes & dusted them with sulfur, then set them aside to scab over. They'll get planted tomorrow.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Yesterday I planted the potatoes & the carrots. Also grilled steaks for supper.

Today I did the weekly shopping, fed the cattle & continued treating the stock tanks (copper & additional dye) to kill back the algae bloom.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
84 degrees & sunny here!!!

Made bread.

Seasoned up beef fajita meat that I'll grill for supper tonight. I'll make ranch rice to go along with it.

Cut the grass.

Filled & hung up the wasp traps as they are buzzing around the back porch today.

Filled up 2 hummingbird feeders & hung them in the trees. They're due here around the 18th.

Last edited:

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
added 2 yards of mushroom dirt an tilled the whole garden 20 X 30 big enough for 2 people got my tomato cages wrapped squash .. bell peppers cajun bell peppers . zucchini . red potatoes (kinda late ). sweet 100 tomatoes . celebrity . steakhouse . brandy boy (new try ). heat master tomatoes . cantaloupe . later when the squash ends . top pick black eye peas . sunshine most welcome

K

ksk

Busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. Smoked ribs,chicken, and a brisket on the new Pit Boss as all the grandkids are on Spring Break and coming over tomorrow. As wet as it has been,I watered the onions and potatoes,that have started coming up.

RLwhaler

Planting Zone
8b
Hot and HUMID today. It's been craaazyyy at our house. Flew home Thursday morning to help delivered 10 healthy puppies. Kids are home from school for Spring Break. Started to clean out all of the "Admiral's" herb garden. Snakes are out in full scale.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Seasoned up a half of a brisket to smoke today for later in the week (suppose to be raining by then).

Watered everything in the greenhouse & then started hauling the hanging baskets back to the front/back porches.

Made a pot of soybean succotash.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Filled the chlorine tank in the septic system.

Finished cleaning the main part of the garden. Time to reform the rows...

Burned the trash.

Fed the cattle.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Harvested asparagus.

I was going to start forming the rows in the main garden but it's too wet due to it raining last night. Decided to do some maintenance on the garden tractor instead. I removed & thoroughly cleaned the mower deck, then sprayed it with 2 cans of 'Mo-Deck' which is suppose to keep the grass/clover junk from accumulating. Then I change the 3 blades (fresh Gator G5s) & greased the spindles. Tomorrow I'll change the oil & filter so we'll be good to go for the season.

Last edited:

MR. G. L.

Planting Zone
WIND... went to local feed mill an got some used ( free) soy bean oil buckets cut them off just above the bottom an pushed them down around all the small plants hoping they will make it after the strong winds during the night
me and mother nature ????

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Took Mrs Ranch's jeep to town to get all the tire pressure sensors replaced. The light came on within days of havinh the new tires put on last week... Even the new on that the dealer installed 3 months ago had a weak battery. Also picked up the 2,4-d weed killer for the yard & a pulley for the garden tractor that I found bad yesterday. On the way home, the cold front hit with amazing speed... the windows of the Jeep fogged up in a split second!!! We also received 0.07" of rain.

R&R the pulley on the tractor, then changed the oil/filter before putting it all back together.

K

ksk

Grandkids left today,I'm beat. They caught a ton of perch in the pond.I gathered a bunch of spinach for my daughter.Potatoes are coming up that I planted Feb.24th.

M

Mr_Yan

Close to 48 hours in a row above freezing. Rained overnight. The combination of melt water and rain is making pond size puddles around here.

Calling for more rain overnight then dive back below freezing.

Another face-to-face interview with an automation place for a controls engineering place lined up for the next day or two.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
WIND... went to local feed mill an got some used ( free) soy bean oil buckets cut them off just above the bottom an pushed them down around all the small plants hoping they will make it after the strong winds during the night
me and mother nature ????

Yep, pretty windy here too... but nothing like north Texas:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Went to town to pickup molasses tubs for the cattle. Also picked up some PVC pipe to fix a leak in the irrigation system.

Fed the cattle & put the molasses tubs out for them.

Cut the grass ahead of another cold front.

Water the stuff in the greenhouse.

Put out a big seed block for the redbirds.

Potatoes are up!!!

Last edited: