• Join Home Gardening Forum

What Autumn flowers are you expecting this year?

T

Treeca86

I'm waiting on my Autumn Clematis to bloom. I just trimmed my Jasmine back on my back porch lattice privacy gate and can see some new shoots coming out of the Jasmine. I cannot wait to see and smell them again.
My Red Spider Lilies are already blooming at the side of my house, pink and red. I grew up calling them Naked Ladies, as when first sprouting, the stem comes up with 2 leaves, then ehen it's about to flower, the leaves fall away, and the flower blooms leaving the flower and stem. They are gorgeous.

I

IcyBC

I am waiting on my chrysanthemums and asters to bloom now! Other flowers such as day lilies, irises, coneflowers and shasta daisy are either gone or wilted now. Autumn is fast approaching here in Michigan, but asters and chrysanthemums love the chilling temperature!

T

Treeca86

Oooh, I love Chrysanthemums. I used to be a florist, and they were one of my favourite flowers to use in arrangements. I should get some for next year. I just love seeing flowers growing any time of the year. Oh, I know, I always miss my lilies when they die down.

M

Mr_Yan

Broccoli, but I won't let the flowers open...