• Join Home Gardening Forum

Wear sunscreen

M

Mr_Yan

Even in early spring I've got to remember to wear sunscreen.

It only got up to about 60 deg F during the day and there was regular cloud cover - not open blue sky and full sun.

This goes from where my tee-shirt sleeves ended to where my gloves started on both arms. I was wearing a full brim hat all day so my head and neck are fine.

I didn't think about sunscreen in the morning as I was wearing a hooded sweatshirt for about the first 2 hours out there.

E

ErnieCopp

After a long life time of unprotected exposure to the hot CA desert sun and the thin mountain air in Idaho, my skin is about like a Roasted Thanksgiving Turkey as one Deramatologist said. So i have to protect what is left of it, and there is an amazing Sun Screen from Australia, called Blue Lizard. It is available online if you you cannot find it locally, and i highly recommend it. It is Zinc based so it shows white when you first apply it, but then the warmth of your skin absorbs it and it becomes transparent.

Ernie

M

majorcatfish

oh my thats got to burn, 10 dollars say's you put sunscreen on next time..... i am so sorry.

M

Mr_Yan

...10 dollars say's you put sunscreen on next time...
Man too late to throw that bet. $10 would have been worth it though. I do have to say it looks worse in the photo than when looking at my arms.

M

majorcatfish

i will say this yesterday while pressure washing the soaker hoses was the first time that i have worn my sandals this year, did get a wee bit sunburned on the top of the feet...

at least you have a good start on your truckers tan...