• Join Home Gardening Forum

Wall garden

A

agniete

Have you ever heard about plants that could be grown on the wall ? It's really amazing and fashionable home decor in 2017.
make your home lovely, unique and cozy. Green walls create fresh atmosphere and brings liveliness in your daily life. Try to make it or share your ideas if you ever faced this kind of decoration.

A

agniete

live plant walls are low maintenance because there are only preserved plants. So you do not need to have any special knowledge to take care about green walls.

T

TonieBenitez

Yeah very true. Wall plants also look very beautiful!

J

JudyMaday

Yeah, I have heard about it. The wall garden seems to be really very beautiful and make the area look cozier too. A close friend of mine has a large garden in his backyard in which he has installed the new design patio chairs, which he has purchased from an official source. Now, he is too thinking to grow a wall garden in order to make his garden look even more better than before.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DennisPortillo

Have you ever heard about plants that could be grown on the wall ?

I do like it. But sometimes we do not need to do plantation, wall plants automatically grown in the rainy season.

M

Monotropa

I have seen some nice ones live and then I seen them die...(I am not speaking from personal experience) but from conversation with others who have done living walls they don't always think about how much more watering they really end up needing, unless you are very selective with the plants you choose and only get drought tolerant plants (at least in my area...and I live in Seattle!) or design a watering system that you won't have to monitor super closely.

Similar to living roofs (I know a contractor that installs these for people) and they should be designed with native/natural plants (grasses typically do the best) from the area for the best success.

I have an Elk horn fern that is mounted to a board I have mounted on the wall like a picture. Thats about as close as I am getting to to doing a wall garden.
IMG_5719.JPG

J

JGarden1

Moss is one of the plants that can be grown on the walls. I do not know how it is constructed but I saw many inspirations with this plant. What is more, when I was in one library there was a wall whole covered with plants. There were many plants which can be grown indoor like monstera and of course lots of moss.

D

DennisPortillo

I know a bit about it as it is a flowerless plant, but I didn't see it in my nearby area.