ksk

2 lbs. venison [I use back strap]
2 packets fajita seasoning [I use Lawry's]
1 onion thick sliced
2 green bell peppers 1/2 inch strips
1 red bell pepper 1/2 inch strips
1/2 cup beer or water

Directions-
Put venison in a bowl and mix with 1 packet of seasoning.Add vegetables to crock pot and mix with other packet of seasoning.Put venison ON TOP of vegetables.DO NOT STIR.Pour beer on top of all.Cover and cook 8-10 hours.
Serve with warm tortillas,refried beans,shredded cheese and any toppings of your choice.

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
Thanks for the recipe! I've got a doe, a spike and a buck in the freezer right now. I'll try making this instead of chili.

Any other venison recipes you like?

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
Talk about perfect timing as I was just given a number of venison steaks. Will certainly try this out.

E

ErnieCopp

For the Spike, i would fry some of the better cuts in butter, and if you do not cook them too long, they should be nice and tender. For the older animals, my favorite way to use the meat was Chile Colorado,, Cube it up, drench it in flour and just brown it, and the flour, using extra flour so it makes a gravy thickening base. Then use Enchilada sauce, i used Mild, but what ever heat you want, and simmer the meat in the sauce until tender. The thicker sauce works well to make burritos with.

Ernie

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
Thanks, Ernie! The nephew LOVES burritos. I'll do this when I know he's coming over. I'll take all the venison recipe suggestions y'all have as I don't cook much meat, so I need recipes.

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
@ksk1949 I actually went to the grocery store to get the seasoning mix in need to make your fajitas. I hope to try these in the crockpot this weekend. The nephew should be here next week and I'll give the burritos a go.