• Join Home Gardening Forum

reseeding morning glories

M

Mr_Yan

At my old community garden we had a big problem with wild morning glory AKA binder vine. Is the domesticated morning glory anywhere as much of a problem and tenatious?

Someone grew morning glory over the fence along the propertyline which is also the east side of my garden. I now have several emerging morning glory seedlings along the edge of my garden. The fence is covered with the dead vines and some seed pods. When I started clearing the fence there were a few piles of the seed on the fence stringers.

M

monte

Damn. That's not the answer I want @w_r_ranch.
"Heavenly Blue" never reseeded in my garden, but the others, purples and reds came up like crazy. For the next 10 years or so!! I was careful never to let one form seed, so they must have time-release capsule seeds! Good luck~!

M

Monotropa

I have grown Scarlet o'hara, Heavenly Blue, and Gandmpa Ott. They all reseeded themselves for at least one year. After that though they never came back unless I planted them again.

I imagine it really depends on where you are growing them (as far zone)? Probably soil conditions as well.