• Join Home Gardening Forum

Recommend me a seed starting kit

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
It's sad to think about how easy it is to start WAY too much.

Better too much, than too little, IMO... ;)

the kids are going to miss the swing set when you need the room to build more raised beds :)

An excellent recycling project!!! Swing set frames make an excellent frame on which to build a greenhouse!!!

M

Mr_Yan

the kids are going to miss the swing set when you need the room to build more raised beds
My wife and I have reached a detente on garden size. For some reason she thinks there should be grass in the backyard where we have great sun. Can't the kids just run around between the raised beds?

I used the swing set the previous owners left to hang some of the upside down tomato bags.

M

Mr_Yan

I purchased a two pack of Sylvania 100w replacement (23w) CFL, 1,450 lumens and 6,500 kelvin (link). Good, bad?
46 W will probably be too much heat in a closed tote. Don't want you to cook them yet.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
46 W will probably be too much heat in a closed tote. Don't want you to cook them yet.

No no, I'm sorry. I bought a 2 pack but am only using one at the moment.

Last edited:
M

majorcatfish

very nice mike... and as mr.yan said you don't want to cook the seeds..

for your light I can not find the cri for it it does say daylight and full spectrum, still to this date i am on a learning curve
with light and what i have read has been very interesting..

M

majorcatfish

yup those will do you fine...if i had to guess the cri is low to mid 80's
the high the number closer you are to sunlight. closer you are to that the healthier the plants are going to be.