• Join Home Gardening Forum

Pico de Gallo

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Equal parts of japs, onion, tomatoes, then some fresh cilantro (to taste) & add the juice of a few limes... dead simple. Break out the tortilla chips & cerveza!!! Enjoy!!!

M

majorcatfish

pico de gallo is one of those things that goes with about everything rough/ fine/ blended

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
I made your recipe tonight, but added diced avocado. Everything else was from the garden. I shared this with my Mom for dinner, as we spent the whole day making jam and getting ready to can salsa tomorrow. Do you and your wife concentrate on canning one item/day or can multiple items/day? The hardest part of making jam is constantly cleaning all the utensils/jam maker so I don't cross contaminate anything. I don't want to give anybody botulism for Christmas.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
This recipe is always made fresh in very small meal-sized batches & is never canned.

Maybe you are getting it confused with Picante Sauce, which is made in large batches & then canned (it takes the better part of a day to prepare & can 4-5 gallons of anything). They are not the same...

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
See my salsa recipe I made tonight. I tweaked it a bit, but roasted everything in the oven like you said. It's pretty dang AWESOME...