• Join Home Gardening Forum

Patio - Weekend Warrior - Crap I'm Tired

M

Mr_Yan

So I decided to finish off my patio this weekend.

7 years ago I put in a lot of paver patio and walk way but left 5" along my garage unfinished as I needed to fix the garage wall.

This is, more or less, how it's looked for the last 6 years. So when I got home from work I found this in the alley:

I've spent the day excavating about a cubic yard of soil and moving that out of the yard. Then moving the finely crushed lime into the yard.

Overall I will have 8 to 10 inches of lime base for the patio. But it is cut into a hill so I had to remove about 18 inches on the uphill side.

Here's some mid progress shots:

This is where I left it for the night: I have six to eight inches of lime down and have been tamping it down in layers.

I found that the "level" I was using is garbage so I will need to buy a better level before I can go much further.

My legs feel like they have the stability of Jello and my arms may be two inches longer than when I woke up.

M

Mr_Yan

Well I finished this several weeks ago but have just gotten to pulling the photos off the camera.

This is the finished patio.

Now I have to get back out there and shred the leaves on it. Next spring I'll finished the ground cover plantings in the garden back there.