3/4 Cup of breadcrumbs
2 Eggs
2 Tbs. of water
1 Tsp. cajun seasoning
1 Tsp. pepper
1 Tsp. paprika
1 Tsp. salt (optional)

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Wash chicken & pat dry with paper towels. In a pie pan, combine flour, breadcrumbs, paprika, cajun seasoning (we use Tony Chachere’s), salt & pepper.

Mix the eggs & 2 Tbs. of water together for the ‘wash’.

Dip each piece of chicken in the egg wash & then coat chicken with the breadcrumb/flour mixture.

Put butter in a 9X13” baking pan & place in oven to melt. When butter is melted, arrange chicken in the baking pan in a single layer, skin side down. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes; flip each piece & bake an additional 20 minutes or until chicken is tender and done. Enjoy!!!

Oven_Fried.jpg

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
Hopefully all the spices will do the trick on the flavor. My 14-year-old nephew is turning into a fitness fanatic and he's the only one I cook for - which isn't much, but I'm trying. I like things I can fix in a single pot, pan or crockpot. However, your rolls I made on Easter were to die for, apparently, as I only got a half:)

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
The wife and I made some of this last night and it turned out great.

Had a baked potato and asparagus to go along with it. Thanks for sharing @w_r_ranch!

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
That looks awesome! I'm going to have to try that without the stick of butter. Hopefully, the skin on the chicken will provide its own oil for "frying" in the oven.

S

Susan

Wow this chicken looks amazing. I love chicken but I never can seem to find the right mix for the oven baked chicken. This recipe definitely sounds and looks like something that we will like. I am going to give it a try the next time we are having chicken. It looks so good and crispy. I never thought of putting butter in the bottom of the pan before which is a awesome idea. Can't wait to try this!