• Join Home Gardening Forum

Mrs. Ranch's Backyard Flower Bed

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Planting Zone
8b
As I mentioned in the Chit Chat forum, winter took its toll on her flowerbed... of the 3 of the 4 'Cuban Gold Durantas' died & the remaining 1 is finally showing signs of life. Both of the 'Mexican Firebushes' & one of her day lilies bite the dust as well. As expected, all the 'Esperanza' died back to the ground, but are sending up new shoots.

After cleaning & trimming, off we went to the nursery... Then we went again... Now we are awaiting the arrival of the last of her plants (these will also be for her 2 front yard beds). I got everything planted that we had purchased & although I still have to plant the remaining perennials/mulch it, I think it came out pretty good!!!

Flower_Bed_1.jpg

Flower_Bed_2.jpg

Flower_Bed_3.jpg

Flower_Bed_4.jpg

Flower_Bed_5.jpg

Flower_Bed_6.jpg

Flower_Bed_7.jpg

Last edited:

Mike

Might know the answer
Administrator
Planting Zone
6b
Very nice!

In the first picture, what is the plate on the ground?

finkikin

Planting Zone
8B
The nursery call last night to let us know the plants have arrived (we'll pick them up on Monday & plant them on Tuesday). I mulched this bed this morning and put Pop's footstone back in place. The day lilies are starting to bloom as well!!!
Man Sam, I bet your FIL had some great stories!

Great flower garden!

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Planting Zone
8b
Thanks. His flowerbed filled in pretty good during the course of the year.

We did share a few 'war stories' when we were by ourselves over the years... He was a father figure to me & I still miss talking to him.

IcyBC

Planting Zone
6b
Such a gorgeous garden and well maintained. I love the different flowers and plants you have there, plus the different colors are so well played together. Our summer has been a wet one, and many of my flowers didn't response to too much rain that great this year.

What a wonderful treat for the eyes!

Susan

Planting Zone
4b
This is an absolutely beautiful garden. I love all the colors and the various plants and flowers.
It is very creatively arranged. It gorgeous!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
w_r_ranch Recipes, Canning, Preserving 2