• Join Home Gardening Forum

Memorial Day weekend eats

W

Waite

Tonight it was grilled salmon and brown rice with corn.

Just prepped and dry brined a couple of racks of baby backs for tomorrow's dinner. Hi-heat baby back ribs, jalapeno cornbread, baked beans and potato salad.

Monday will be smoked pulled pork with two choices of slaw (deli style and sweet) with two sauce toppings (carolina yellow and hot vinegar mop), smoked jalapeno poppers, and sweet corn from some God forsaken not Michigan location. Any leftover potato salad and baked beans will probably make a showing too.

Plenty of Sam Adams to wash it down, with perhaps a taste of some good Kentucky Bourbon after dinner.

RLwhaler

Planting Zone
8b
Tonight it was grilled salmon and brown rice with corn.

Just prepped and dry brined a couple of racks of baby backs for tomorrow's dinner. Hi-heat baby back ribs, jalapeno cornbread, baked beans and potato salad.

Monday will be smoked pulled pork with two choices of slaw (deli style and sweet) with two sauce toppings (carolina yellow and hot vinegar mop), smoked jalapeno poppers, and sweet corn from some God forsaken not Michigan location. Any leftover potato salad and baked beans will probably make a showing too.

Plenty of Sam Adams to wash it down, with perhaps a taste of some good Kentucky Bourbon after dinner.

Waite : I believe you've got it all covered...Great choice on everything !

M

Mr_Yan

...and sweet corn from some God forsaken not Michigan location...

Complain about non-Michigan corn then you drink beer from Boston?

Bell's, Founders, Crooked Tree, Shorts, New Holland, Acadia, Round Barn (not very good), not to mention a small brewer in about every town in Michigan.

W

Waite

Complain about non-Michigan corn then you drink beer from Boston?

Bell's, Founders, Crooked Tree, Shorts, New Holland, Acadia, Round Barn (not very good), not to mention a small brewer in about every town in Michigan.

We drink a lot of craft beer from MI. Just finished off a 4 pack of Dragon's Milk stout, a favorite from New Holland Brewing. Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale from Founders is another.

There is nothing that Bell's makes that I can drink. Their brews taste like they throw a dump truck full of hops into every batch because they don't know any better. I don't get the hype, never will.

We live a block and a half from Original Gravity microbrewery, one of the suppliers to the better places in Ann Arbor.

But, we still like Sam Adams, and if I want a grass cutting beer, LaBatt's Blue works just fine.

W

Waite

And we're off! Indirect on the Weber with a smoker box full of Jack Daniels oak chips.

W

Waite

Got the butts prepped, made up some rub. Gotta get the smoker out yet then I'm done for the day. I wanted to make the slaw tonight so it had time to ferment a bit, but too tired. I'll make it right after I get the butts in.