• Join Home Gardening Forum

Lawn day!

finkikin

Planting Zone
8B
My day is Wednessday, today and I love doing the lawn! Just me, Jack & coke and the lawn mower taming the wild...(y)

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
Once it hits 95 I'm not excited about mowing anymore. it's not difficult, just gets old quick. I can drink a beer and drive my zero radiused turning mower at the same time though. :) talent!

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
I'm with you Cody, once it gets really hot I'm not so pumped cutting grass. Though having a ZTR does have it's benefits and I love mine, plus it makes very quick work when I do have to cut in the heat.

R

Rolex

I really miss mowing the lawn. It would take about 2 hours with a rider and a trimmer, but I always took pride in making the yard look good.
I'm living in an apartment complex now and don't even get to smell the fresh cut grass when they come through here.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
My yard day is usually the day after Mrs Ranch tells me "it time", LOL!!!

BTW, today I will be doing that lil' chore... as soon as the dew burns off of it.

E

ErnieCopp

I probably spend more time on my mower than all of you put together, but only an hour a week mowing the grass. I use my JD Lawn tractor for a scooter, and have a milk crate mounted on it to keep tools, clippers, etc., handy, as well as to haul in the produce bucket. I have eleven hose bibbs, either with automatic timers or kitchen timers on them. and have almost all of them arranged so i can reach from the tractor seat. I put a long handle for my moisture meter, so i can check the moisture from the tractor. So, i am planning ahead.

Ernie

finkikin

Planting Zone
8B
I probably spend more time on my mower than all of you put together, but only an hour a week mowing the grass. I use my JD Lawn tractor for a scooter, and have a milk crate mounted on it to keep tools, clippers, etc., handy, as well as to haul in the produce bucket. I have eleven hose bibbs, either with automatic timers or kitchen timers on them. and have almost all of them arranged so i can reach from the tractor seat. I put a long handle for my moisture meter, so i can check the moisture from the tractor. So, i am planning ahead.

Ernie

Awe yeah! That's how you do it right there!!

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
I did our's today as well. Had to wait until the dew from the heavy morning fog burned off, which put it about 1200 hrs... I wore an old bath towel around my neck, LOL!

M

Mr_Yan

My lawn mowing time was almost cut in half last year when I bought a new reel mower.

I need to get out there and mow but the rain has been preventing me. Last night we got just less than 2 inches.

45 ACP

Planting Zone
8B
Uhhhggg... yall are way more enthusiastic about mowing than me. I hate it!

I grew up mowing everyones yard on my street to make some money when I was young. Then my first real job I got hired and being the new young guy, I got to be the one to mow the large property the business sat on for the summer. Then the mower broke, so I had to resort to using the weedeater. Id start at one end of the property on Monday, and by Friday I was finally finishing at the other end of the property and it would be ready to start all over again the following Monday. I'd be just fine if I never push another mower or see another weedeater again in my life. LOL! I only have 2 days off a week and just pay someone to do it now so I can enjoy my weekends.

E

ErnieCopp

ACP, Times, and desires change. Back a long time ago, in the 1950's Power mowers were just becoming common. A friend of mine bought one of the first, and one of my very young sons wanted to get the job of mowing Jim's lawn so he could get his hands on that wonderful maching. Jim got to bargaining with him about how much he would charge to do it, and haggled him down to where my son was willing TO PAY JIM to mow his lawn. I doubt very many boys would make that deal today.

Ernie