• Join Home Gardening Forum

Last Nights meal

finkikin

Planting Zone
8B
Well, didn't grill this time but I did get the job of cooking. Boneless pork chops , sweet potato fries and fried okra. Came out amazing!

DIN1.JPG DIN2.JPG DIN3.JPG DIN4.JPG DIN5.JPG , sweet potato fries and fried okra.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Love me some pork chops, but we've been out. We have to make a tequila run to Brenham next week & plan on picking up 3 or 4 whole loins while we are there.

C

Canesisters

Looks GREAT!!!!!
A couple of nights ago I made half-plate-ommlets using eggs from the coop, tomatoes I canned this summer, potatoes & onions from the garden. Added ham, cheese and black olives from the store - soooo good!

finkikin

Planting Zone
8B
Looks GREAT!!!!!
A couple of nights ago I made half-plate-ommlets using eggs from the coop, tomatoes I canned this summer, potatoes & onions from the garden. Added ham, cheese and black olives from the store - soooo good!

Sounds gooood!

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Here ours from last night... spaghetti squash served w/our roasted sauce, salad & homemade bread.

Supper_091113.jpg

R

Rolex

Bought a big Crock Pot today for my 6lb corned beef and hopefully tomorrow I'll have some type of an edible substance coming out of it.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Picked up 4 whole pork loins on Thursday... total weight was ~36 lbs. From them, I cut 56 chops (1 1/2" thick) & 4 roasts (~8" long). Got them all vacuum packed yesterday & then made a pot on pinto beans for this weekend.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
While not for tonight's meal, we made 3 batches of 'spinach & ricotta stuffed shells' this afternoon (total of 75). Tomorrow we will vacuum-pack them 5/bag, so we will have quick, no fuss meals for when winter gets here (& I can't cook outside). They were made using spinach from the garden & our roasted spaghetti sauce. Here's the first batch:

Stuffed_shells.jpg

finkikin

Planting Zone
8B
We had honey glazed sriracha pork chops on a rice bed with grilled onions and mushrooms for toppings. And a side of green beans. It was awesome!

DIN7.JPG

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made a pot of extra spicy charro beans for tomorrow (they're always better the second day IMO) as we have company coming. I know I have to do steaks & garlic bread and I believe Mrs Ranch is going to make 'Twice Baked Potatoes' & a fancy salad...

Kicker is my friend's date is a vegetarian, LOL!!! Guess she can eat potatoes, salad & bread... unless I can get her drunk & get her to try some steak & the beans (contains a lot of ham & habaneros)!!!

Charro_Beans.jpg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
It's been raining the last 2 days (finally), so it's another 'catch-as-catch can supper' here at the ranch... did some japs in the oven (bacon, extra sharp cheddar & seasonings), sandwiches (turkey/cheese for me & ham/cheese for my better half) & corn chips.

Supper_101313_1.jpg

Supper_101313_2.jpg

Supper_101313_3.jpg