• Join Home Gardening Forum

Kielbasa Time!

W

Waite

25 lbs. of Kielbasa mix. First grind, seasoned, and mixed. Tomorrow I'll put it through the second grind, add the cure, stuff and smoke.

W

Waite

And done. Outstanding once again. I used my own home made smoked paprika made from Beaver Dam peppers. They have a little kick at the end, perfect.

After they're completely cold tomorrow I'll vaccum seal them in dinner sized packs. I never vacuum bagged the kraut, so that still needs doing. Will be busy tomorrow.

W

Waite

Thanks! I need to find the time to make some brats and breakfast sausage.

W

Waite

Sausage and kraut all sealed and in the freezer. 10-2lb. Packages, plus what we ate yesterday 'taste testing', plus a baggie full of 1/2" thick samplers for work, plus (and here's the payoff), when I got home, the wife had kielbasa sauerkraut and potato casserole made! Man, homemade cannot be beat!

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
And done. Outstanding once again. I used my own home made smoked paprika made from Beaver Dam peppers. They have a little kick at the end, perfect.

After they're completely cold tomorrow I'll vaccum seal them in dinner sized packs. I never vacuum bagged the kraut, so that still needs doing. Will be busy tomorrow.
Looks real good!