• Join Home Gardening Forum

It only took 5yrs.

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
After 5 years I've just about got rid of every weed in the yard! Of course to you guys up north the whole yard might be a giant weed. lol. St. Augastine.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
Looks great. I've been battling weeds myself, slowly but surely getting rid of them.

R

Rolex

VERY good looking lawn. I can still see where your neighbor's dog pees.

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
Fertalize early spring and water 3 days a week. sometimes 4. I learned to water at 4am. for 25minutes per station seems to work the best. That's it! keep it healthy and it pushes out all the weeds.

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
That's funny Rolex. Might be mean of me, but I do run people out of my yard when they stop and let there dog do there business. I don't allow my dog to mark everyones yard. It's flat out rude.

finkikin

Planting Zone
8B
That's funny Rolex. Might be mean of me, but I do run people out of my yard when they stop and let there dog do there business. I don't allow my dog to mark everyones yard. It's flat out rude.

Damn straight!

finkikin

Planting Zone
8B
Fertalize early spring and water 3 days a week. sometimes 4. I learned to water at 4am. for 25minutes per station seems to work the best. That's it! keep it healthy and it pushes out all the weeds.

Do you have automatic sprinklers?

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
Yes sir. I water the front for 25 min.,back for 10 min and flower beds for 5. My lot is 5/8 acre. Too dang big to water front and back for the same amount of time. kills my wallet.

finkikin

Planting Zone
8B
Automatic sprinklers is something I have been wanting to install at my house. Just can't afford it right now.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Tim, do your layout and then start buying the fittings & pipe as you can. You can start cementing the sections together in your spare time.

I did most of mine that way last winter in the garage & just marked 'what goes where' on the pipe sections. When I had all the sections done, I dragged them into place & cemented them together into bigger sections (100-120') following my layout plan. Then it was just a matter of trenching & cementing the sections/circuits together as I went along. This project involved 2500' of 1" pipe & 13 circuits total. The hardest thing was the trenching...

I'm a firm believer in "inching the ball forward". BTW, this was the 4th house I've done (hopefully my last) so if you have any specific questions - just ask.

Here is the best place (great prices & really good service) to get you stuff from: http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com