• Join Home Gardening Forum

How Many Potatos?

R

Royiah

Ok so instead of putting my potato's in my 4x8 raised bed I decided to put them in a 4x4 since it would make it easier to fill with soil. But I don't know how many potato's I can fit in them. So I was wondering how many potato plants I can fit into a 4x4 raised bed?
Also does anyone know a good place to buy seed potato's to order? the people I usually buy from only ship during the spring.
And can one only buy 2lb bags? I really don't think I'll be able to fit that many seed potato's into my raised beds.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
You can do one every square foot.

As far as where to get them, you may want to check with your neighbors... Most folks, at least are my parts, save the small ones from the spring crop to use in the fall.

If you can't find any potatoes, I can send you some Egyptian Walking Onions... Just send me a mailing address & I'll fix you up.

Last edited:
R

Royiah

Oh thanks! :D
I doubt anyone of my neighbors has potato's they mostly only have corn, tomato's and okra. their not potato people. lol :p
0_o Really thanks!

T

the1honeycomb

If you have a farmers market or a produce stand you can pick up potatoes there! I usually go and ask for Culls. There is plenty of opportunity for potato eyes sometimes at the grocery stores you can find them.