• Join Home Gardening Forum

Here's ours.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
My wife & I live out in the Post Oaks of Colorado County (which is located in central Texas). Both of us are lifelong gardeners and are retired.

About 2 years ago we finally decided to build a greenhouse and settled on a Rion "Green Giant", 8'6"wide by 12'6" long. When it arrived & we started assembling it, my wife 'mentioned' that she wouldn't mind having one of her own, as she has always wanted one for her orchids. As you can probably guess, we now have "his & her" greenhouses. Both are wired with 2 electrical circuits (120V/20A & 220V/30A). Both are heated with 19.3K BTU units. My wife uses her's pretty much year round, while I use mine just for starting seeds & over-wintering our citrus, cactus' & ferns (basically we just use this one from November - March).

Mine however has become a years long endeavor as one project always leads to another!!! Upon completing the actual greenhouse, I needed to incorporate it into our vegetable garden (which has since grown from 1200 sf to over 4000 sf), installed a new & all encompassing irrigation system, as well as a stone wall around not just the garden, but the entire house.

Hopefully the vegetable garden portion will be completed soon... Sorry, but I have to keep telling myself that... I certainly DO hope to have it all completed before I'm dead... LOL!!!

WRR970.jpg

WRR972.jpg

WRR974.jpg

WRR960.jpg

C

Canesisters

I am SERIOUSLY impressed. That is not only a beautiful greenhouse but a LOVELY garden setting all around. GREAT JOB!!! (y)

M

majorcatfish

Very nice..you definitely put a lot of thought into your garden lay out

45 ACP

Planting Zone
8B
Awesome! I"ve been watching the progress of this project ever since you first posted about it 2 years ago. It's looking great Sam.