• Join Home Gardening Forum

Growing Poppies and Larkspur

Thread starter #1
So this is a thread I am making for some poppies and larkspur I recently planted. I made little paper pots to germinate them in. The ones in white paper are poppies and in brown are larkspur. I might add another to the mix sometime in the future when I get more time but this is it for now. They were planted Sunday so there is no sprouting yet. I used some potting soil from the hardware store (miracle gro is the only brand my dad lets me get in stores but I can get other fertilizers from amazon) and I watered and added a little bit of 4-12-4 to each one. I will water them a little bit but frequently until they sprout then water in a normal matter since things often get dry and die in my house.

Thread starter #2
So none of them have sprouted yet as it has only been a few days but I did also plant some passion glower and lavender that should take about a month to sprout. I have cut back watering to every other day and I only fertilized once when they were planted and I won't again until they sprout as to prevent damping off.

Thread starter #3

So the poppies are germinating and I have a couple seedlings. I watered them today because the soil was starting to dry out and I don't want germination to stop. After I watered I noticed a little mold growing on the paper pots so I will have to watch that and make sure it doesn't spread to the plants. I will cut back on watering and only do a couple milliliters as needed. I have not fertilized in a while to help prevent damping off. I will fertilize the sprouted seedlings only in a few days when they need more water.

Thread starter #4
So I haven't watered in a while and they were getting a little too dry for comfort so I mixed up some fungicide in some water and lightly sprayed on the soil to try and help with the mold. I will monitor closely to be sure they aren't too wet or too dry and to make sure the fungicide is working.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mr_Yan Fruit and Vegetables 6
Waite Fruit and Vegetables 4
Mr_Yan Fruit and Vegetables 0