Chicken Coop

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
Here's my Coop.

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
White paint. I didn't go with very good wood, so I painted the heck out of it. It's been holding up really well. They rarely ever go in the run anymore. I turned them loose in the whole garden area. I just fenced off the veggies. I was going to build a simple coop with left over lumber and one thing lead to another. lol. My projects always escalate.

T

the1honeycomb

LOVE IT!!!!! I would like to see the inside of the coop. I expect to start my buildings very soon, trying to get as many ideas as I can will want to separate a few special breeds to get a pure stock.

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
I'll get you some pics tomm. Maybe a video.

Cody

Planting Zone
8a

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
The watering nipple works great, but they really like cold water from the hose everyday. I put hinges on the roost for easier cleaning. Pine shavings for less mess. And there nesting boxes. Thats it. Pretty simple.

E

ErnieCopp

Cody,
Your water nipple reminds me of a real life funny story. When they first came out for dogs, brand was LIX-IT, I ordered one for my bird dog. It had not arrived when i had to leave for a trip, so i asked the fellow that worked in the office to install it when it arrived, so he would not have to go water the dog every day.

He called me and said he had put it on, but the dog would not use it. I knew you were supposed to loosen it and let it drip until the dog learned, so i asked him if there hadn't been some instructions in the box for how it worked. He said, "Yeah, i think there was, but what good would that have done. The dog can't read."

Ernie

T

the1honeycomb

Cody looks great how many birds do you have that use that coop? Love the cigar! I have 80 birds, 25 meat birds, the rest live together right now but I hope to seperate them and raise pure bred birds in a year. Thanks for taking the time to do the photos!!!:happy:

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
I built the coop for 4 birds. you need a shed conversion for all those birds! I'm out there everyday so the pics were no problem. It's my happy place. lol.

T

the1honeycomb

I know the feeling! I don't know what I am doing wrong to post photos, got it to work a couple of times but now no good!? I am building 5 coops, to separate the breeds I would like to be able to sell full blooded birds. Looking to buy some blue laced red wyandottes I love them so pretty!!