- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 avocados, seeded and cubed. (*see note)
- 2 cups corn, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, rough chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, more if desired
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoons pure maple syrup or agave, (or any sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Place all the veggies in a large bowl (except the avocado) and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, olive oil, maple syrup, cilantro, chili powder, garlic powder, ground pepper and salt.
- Pour dressing over veggies and toss to combine. Now add avocado and toss gently so they don't mash together. Taste for salt and pepper, add as needed.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve with fresh pita bread, tortilla chips or a side of rice. Enjoy!
* Avocados that are just-ripe work the best, otherwise they will get mushy in your salad.
* If you're making the salad ahead of time, you may want to add the avocados & tomatoes just before serving. This will keep the salad fresh tasting.
* For extra heat, add 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper to the dressing.