• Join Home Gardening Forum

Best Bacon Thread

Lost in mn

Planting Zone
I have a thing for bacon. I regularly order it from online places trying to find the best there is. Store bacon just doesn't cut it for me.

Some of the best bacon i've found:

Thielens Meats Pierz Minnesota, Best bacon I have ever had. It's thick and meaty and doesn't shrink up when cooked. Reasonably priced and comes in 3 flavors. Small town made in a very unique smoker. Can be obtained in slabs if you like to cut your own.

Nueskes Meats Wisconsin, Applewood Smoked bacon, very crisp and doesn't shrink awesome for blt's. Expensive but very tasty. Very Very good and unique taste.

Lobels
double smoked Slab Bacon New York, This stuff is awesome comes in uncut slabs for thick cuts or for using in soups and stews. Expensive but worth it to try.

If you know of some really good bacon let me know perhaps I can work out a swap with ya for some Thielens Bacon lol.

Ibtsoom

Planting Zone
9A
I bought a pig this year that didnt make the sale at the local fair - Got 2 big bellies now and I'm gonna try making my own bacon. I have a buddy with a smokehouse thats gonna give me a hand.. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Lost in mn

Planting Zone
Just make sure you cure it long enough before smoking it. You can smoke uncured bacon but it won't be very tasty. I have tried it a few times it's tricky to get it right.

Ibtsoom

Planting Zone
9A
Gonna take 7 to 10 days to cure. I'm gonna try Morton's tender quick this time and see how it does.

45 ACP

Planting Zone
8B
Interesting. We are huge bacon fans but I had no idea you could order a better bacon online. May have to give it a try.